[M] some kinda nerve
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

[html]

I did not mean for this to be so long. o.o Sorry.

Alma placed the pink plastic bucket filled with blueberries inside her cave. Later, she would turn it into dye or give it to her horse for food. She didn't know how to keep the berries from rotting and fermenting, so it was going to be necessary use them at some point. However, there was something more important to tend to. She had soothed her friend's worries and now she needed to confront the man who had caused them in the first place.

The coyote inspected her den, wondering if there would be anything she would need. She had no intention of attacking a clanmate, even if she thought very little of him. She just wanted to make him sorry for what he'd done, and that would involves words rather than violence. However, she had to consider that if he was the type to use a young woman for sex and then leave her, he might have other unsavory characteristics. Alma stared at the leather armour she had acquired from looting the Boreas.

"I suggest you do not use that," came her mother's voice. The woman herself was nowhere to be seen, but she recognized it when she heard it. "He might think you intended to kill him. Worse, others might think you intended to do so if he does attack you."

Alma raised an eyebrow, though it was directed at the wall since her mother's spirit wasn't visible. "You're actually suggesting I endanger my life? Are you sure you're my mother, and not some evil spirit trying to lead me astray?"

There was a moment of silence, which was then broken by laughter that seemed to come from all around her. "No, no. I do not think he will kill you. You are among your pack. There is always a chance someone else can witness it. If he is smart, he will know it. If he isn't, someone will stop him before he does. You may get hurt, but it is best that you look like a victim rather than an instigator.

The ginger coyote's eyes widened. "That's... oddly logical for you." Her mother had been distant, seeming hard at times, when she was alive and Alma was young. Cleverness like this - well, she hadn't seen it. Her mother had been too busy to show very much of a personality beyond her attempts to make Alma act more responsible.

"You underestimate me. How do you think I was able to take care of you, your siblings, and keep the pack together while Aden opposed me?

'One could argue you didn't,' Alma thought, but kept that to herself. Her mother was right, however. The armour shouldn't be used and probably wouldn't be needed, and neither would she carry any weapons with her. The man was tall, that she had seen, and it was likely that a fight would be a disaster for her in any case.

The orange coyote left her den, and set about finding him. The Caverns didn't seem like a likely place, as she went in and out of them often and rarely saw him coming out of them. He might have been one of the many coyotes that patrolled the borders, but if that was so, she'd have to circle around the whole of Inferni to find him. Alma didn't want to do that. That left one place: the mansion. If he did not live in the caverns, then he had to live there.

She inspected the outside, first. The lawn, the firepit where meetings were held, and the stables. She saw no one of his description. There were too many scents floating around to tell one from another, the recent meeting clouding things up further. Slightly agitated, the coyote prepared to enter the mansion when her mother made another suggestion:

"You could sit and wait for him. He is bound to come out... or pass by you when he needs to come inside, eventually."

She had a point, though she had to wonder what made her mother decide to be so helpful today. Alma turned from the door and set on the steps to the porch, where she could catch the sight of anyone going in or out. She wasn't blocking anyone's way, but she'd still be able to stop him if she needed to.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

short >.<

Word Count → 000

He knew better than to drown his sorrows in alcohol. But he did so anyway. The wine bottle, a Spanish vintage from Zaragoza, was three quarters empty. Though, in Angel's defence, it had been almost half empty already, with Angel taking a quarter out of it by drinking. He was far from drunk though, it was just enough to make his emotions numb. Just what he needed. The cross and medallion on his chest rung as he moved down the stairs. He didn't know if Emmanuelle was present within the building and if so he didn't want to run into her in the slightest. Angel wasn't quite running, but he wasn't quite dawdling either. After all, he would still be in his room had it not been for Ana and her scolding. She was, of course, no less pleased at the news than Angel.

The Spaniard moved outside, opening the door with the single hand that was not holding the bottle. He smelt Alma before he even exited the door, he would have been worried had he realised how close the orange female was to Emmanuelle. And he would have run away fast, but as he sat down he bid her good morning, he was oblivious to their friendship. Ha, if only he knew the earful he was about to get.

<style>
.agenl1dasut .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.agenl1dasut p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.agenl1dasut b {color:#017a99; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.agenl1dasut {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... f032e8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e0211; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:490px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffffff;}
.agenl1dasut .inner {margin:0px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.agenl1dasut .wordcount {color:#017a99; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

sorry for not replying sooner, I had the urge to do Ataxia posts yesterday. Also I marked it as mature because I suddenly realized Alma is going to swear. not sure if there's too much going on here, tell me if I should change.

Alma waited in silence, acknowledging those who passed with a glance but saying nothing. She could still feel her mother's presence, but she was similarly quiet. It was probably for the best. The orange coyote was angry, and ready to explode at anyone who came too close, and it showed in her body language. A deep frown set in her snout, and her posture was rigid. Her tail moved in a way that suggested irritation rather than happiness.

It was just as well that she did not have to wait long. A completely black coyote out of the mansion, carrying a bottle. Although she had never drank, she was knew what alcohol was and could smell it on his breath when he addressed her. She wrinkled her nose. This was not a good impression - somehow he'd managed to make her already poor opinion of him worse. At this point, she almost hoped for Emma's sake that this was not the same man. Unfortunately, there were no other black coyotes in the clan, or at least not any that were male.

"You are Angel, I presume." Her voice was deceptively calm. She stood up and turned toward to give him the full force of her disapproval. Her arms were crossed as she looked down at the sitting male. "I would say it's nice to meet you," She began, "but it isn't. Her voice lost its neutral tone. It was now clear, if it hadn't been before, that she was angry. "I know what you've done, you fucking coward. What kind of man makes a young woman pregnant and leaves her? Do you know how upset she is? How much you've made her cry? I found her sobbing in the bushes this morning because of you!" Her voice was quiet enough - she wasn't yelling or speaking loud enough for anyone to overhear her - but there was clear venom in her words.

"You are six years of age, and she's little older than a yearling. I can blame her mistakes on her youth but you - you should know better! How many other women have you fucked and left behind? How many puppies do you have, alone and fatherless?" She wanted to slap him, but somehow managed to maintain control. Her voice was getting gradually louder. There was always the possibility that others would hear, though she had intended to do it quietly. Now, however, she didn't mind the idea of shaming him publicly. Perhaps it would help him understand. "I've met men I thought were childish in their pursuit of pleasure, but none quite so bad as you. You're six years old and you're still trying to avoid the consequences of your actions - maybe it's best that your children won't know you. You're too much of a child to help raise them."

She stared at him with bright yellow eyes. Some part of her thought she should leave now that her piece was said, and yet her curiosity made her want to hear how the man would defend himself.

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

s'cool, calm Angel is calm~

Word Count → 000

Large black ears, unmistakeably coyote, swivelled to the sound of the female's voice. He remained seated, listening to her words. When she fell silent he would speak. The words hurt him, there were signs of that as he stared down at the floor, his tail twitching. But he did not get angry. He noted how Alma's voice shifted from neutral to a clear show of frustration. The ginger female finished, taking longer than he wished and leaving on a nasty note that stung him.

He stood, towering over Alma but without imposing himself. Angel's fingers remained clasped around the next of the bottle. Taking a glance over the fence that surrounded the porch, he began to speak. 'I am no coward...' Angel started, his accented voice a face of calmness. 'And I apologise, to you and her, for my brash actions. But you must understand, it was a shock to me too'. A very large shock, after hearing hardly anything from Emmanuelle. It hadn't be entirely Angel's fault, he'd neither avoided her or sought her out purposely.

His lips twitched and he decided on the correct answer, 'None, to both questions'. Perhaps it was a lie, he'd been with loads of women, but those were whores. It had been there job. As for children? Amy's didn't count, they'd died, Angel swore it'd been divine intervention. But for some reason he prayed for Emmanuelle. 'And I was not after pleasure. I really do care about her...' he said calmly, looking back down to Alma. The books said children before mateship would not enter the kingdom of heaven, but abandoning your family was a sin. It had taken him a long while to decide. 'I am going to take care of her however. From here on out...'

<style type="text/css">
.totsunits b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefefe; letter-spacing:1px;}
.totsunits p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.totsunits {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YDo6A.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c00304; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.totsunits .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #fefefe; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; }
.totsunits .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.totsunits p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.totsunits p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

hit me if I take this long again

Alma bristled, prepared to berate him again when he stood up. She scowled as he declared himself not a coward, though her expression softened into skepticism as he went on to speak. The red-haired coyote was not sure how to take his change of heart. She wanted to believe him for Emma's sake, and his calmness told her that he did not want to fight. Still, she was skeptical.

"If you lie, I'll..."There was nothing she could really threaten him with; she wasn't strong enough to take him on and Myrika probably wouldn't approve of clan members beating each other up anyway. "We'll have this talk again." She decided, as the best course of action. Perhaps the threat of embarrassing him in public by being shouted at would be enough to scare him if he was bluffing.

"If you are telling the truth..." As she calmed and thought about it more, she began to accept his explanation; she wanted to. Having to consider that someone with coyote blood - and an Infernian, no less - was capable of doing that to Emanuelle wasn't something she liked. It would be best for them all if he was telling the truth. "I apologize for insulting you. I hope you will take care of her and the pups, because it will be better for her and them if you do. I'm sure they'd rather know their father as someone who loved them, not deserted them."

The orange coyote paused for a moment after she said that, and turned to leave - she wasn't sure what more could be said here, and thought it might be best to let the man have some time to think.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]