Painful Wake.
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rintab.png); background-color:#cd3f7e; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: 600+

Secluded as she was out in Lunenburg, taking care of her young family, it had taken a few days for the news to reach Orin, but once she had heard about the attack on her brother she rushed to his side. And by rushed, what she really did was walk very slowly while herding three young pups, because their father was not home to watch them. At first she alternated which puppy she carried in her maw until finally she realized that this didn't make any sense, and shifted into her Optime form so she could gather them all up in her arms and just carry them to the Hotel. That still proved to be a challenge though when Vladmir decided he wanted to chew on his sisters paw, and all three babies became restless and squirmed in her arms. The mother had to make frequent stops to let them run around and expel some energy, or use the restroom, or just break up a fight that was starting in her arms. Sometimes she would walk and let them follow her, but ultimately one would run off and she had to stop to chase Misha down, or figure out where Svetlana was hiding. The whole thing was an ordeal and by the time Orin made it to the wrought iron gates that surrounded the Chien Hotel's courtyard, she was exhausted.

Yet now she knew she was near her brother, and he needed her just as she had needed him so many times in the past. She gave her puppies a no-nonsense glare when she opened the gate. “I don't want any more trouble from any of you,” she said firmly. Their knowledge of language was limited, they only knew some basic phrases, but they knew when their mother meant business. It was so few and far between that when Orin did get stern with them, they listened.

She let the three pups into the courtyard and closed the gate behind her, her steps so quick as she crossed the court yard and ascended the steps that the puppies had to run after her. When she entered the common room she heard a small voice pleading behind her, “Momma! Momma wait for me!” and she turned around to see Misha struggling to make it up the first step, the other two pups stared down at her from the top of the stairs. The sight melted her heart, and she backtracked to pick Misha up and carry her inside. There were only more steps ahead to climb, so she carried Misha all the way up. She was smaller and pot-bellied, so stairs were harder for her. Vladmir and Svetlana managed the staircase pretty well, although she was well down the hall before they caught up.

“Niro?” she called out, wondering what room he might be in. “Niro? Where are you? I'm here... Niro!” She gasped and almost dropped Misha when she caught sight of her bandaged brother through the open door. Quickly, she set the child down and ran over to his bedside, her puppies yipping and wondering what had gotten their mother so excited. They were still far too small to see what was on the bed.

She knelt beside the bed and reached for his hand, her eyes drinking in his battered look, his bandaged body. “I'm so sorry, I just found out you were hurt. How long have you been like this? I should have come sooner. What happened to you?” Someone was chewing on her tail by now, but she didn't bother to see who it was. She assumed it was Vladmir.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread