Painful Wake.
[html]

WC: 351 OOC: Niro is quite thickly bandaged, in pain and um.... in optime day or night is ok. COme pity the poor wolf who won't be able to hunt naturally again Sad

Everything had always been black. The man could only remember the woman, that red woman. The restraints that tied him, and her face as she bit into him chewing his flesh as he was still alive, still able to feel every centimeter as the devil bitch bit into him. The pain in his face and ankle was nothing compared to the bite that he had endured.... as it wasn’t just one but many with a chewing motion that made him wriggle. That was all he could remember.

The pain made Niro come to his senses. He could feel it all over. The cuts on his body, face, the chunk out of his shoulder... it would never work like it used to... and the foot, it oddly didn’t feel any pain. He had no feeling in it or the pain was all directed at the worst of it all, which was his shoulder. The man groaned and sat up. Squeezing his eyes. Every part of him screamed to lay back down, but how long had he been out? All he could remember was the day he had been attacked. He was in the hotel, his arm in a leather sling, his foot in a thick cast of sorts... how was it made? He thought curiously, his face felt both numb and painful at the same time. He licked at his face, but could feel strange fabric where the cuts had been reopened. Oh that woman... she would pay. And yet Niro blamed himself. He should have been more watchful. He sat up and pushed himself so he could lean on the back of the bed he was in. How had his life changed so suddenly? His eyes weren’t entirely focused but the room he was in was unfamiliar, though he knew it was somewhere inside the chien hotel. How he knew he didn’t know. Perhaps because no healer would want to travel all the way. The thought of travel made him wonder how he got here in the first place. It mattered little as he looked around the quiet room.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rintab.png); background-color:#cd3f7e; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: 600+

Secluded as she was out in Lunenburg, taking care of her young family, it had taken a few days for the news to reach Orin, but once she had heard about the attack on her brother she rushed to his side. And by rushed, what she really did was walk very slowly while herding three young pups, because their father was not home to watch them. At first she alternated which puppy she carried in her maw until finally she realized that this didn't make any sense, and shifted into her Optime form so she could gather them all up in her arms and just carry them to the Hotel. That still proved to be a challenge though when Vladmir decided he wanted to chew on his sisters paw, and all three babies became restless and squirmed in her arms. The mother had to make frequent stops to let them run around and expel some energy, or use the restroom, or just break up a fight that was starting in her arms. Sometimes she would walk and let them follow her, but ultimately one would run off and she had to stop to chase Misha down, or figure out where Svetlana was hiding. The whole thing was an ordeal and by the time Orin made it to the wrought iron gates that surrounded the Chien Hotel's courtyard, she was exhausted.

Yet now she knew she was near her brother, and he needed her just as she had needed him so many times in the past. She gave her puppies a no-nonsense glare when she opened the gate. “I don't want any more trouble from any of you,” she said firmly. Their knowledge of language was limited, they only knew some basic phrases, but they knew when their mother meant business. It was so few and far between that when Orin did get stern with them, they listened.

She let the three pups into the courtyard and closed the gate behind her, her steps so quick as she crossed the court yard and ascended the steps that the puppies had to run after her. When she entered the common room she heard a small voice pleading behind her, “Momma! Momma wait for me!” and she turned around to see Misha struggling to make it up the first step, the other two pups stared down at her from the top of the stairs. The sight melted her heart, and she backtracked to pick Misha up and carry her inside. There were only more steps ahead to climb, so she carried Misha all the way up. She was smaller and pot-bellied, so stairs were harder for her. Vladmir and Svetlana managed the staircase pretty well, although she was well down the hall before they caught up.

“Niro?” she called out, wondering what room he might be in. “Niro? Where are you? I'm here... Niro!” She gasped and almost dropped Misha when she caught sight of her bandaged brother through the open door. Quickly, she set the child down and ran over to his bedside, her puppies yipping and wondering what had gotten their mother so excited. They were still far too small to see what was on the bed.

She knelt beside the bed and reached for his hand, her eyes drinking in his battered look, his bandaged body. “I'm so sorry, I just found out you were hurt. How long have you been like this? I should have come sooner. What happened to you?” Someone was chewing on her tail by now, but she didn't bother to see who it was. She assumed it was Vladmir.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 336 OOC: Le gasp!!!

Niro winced as he saw his sister and her puppies in the doorway. He knew she shouldn’t see him like this. He had always kept his injuries a secret when he could; even with any injury he got when he fought and killed in the southernlands. But now... he could barely move from the pain and the thick bandaging over his body. Many cuts were deliberate and that made it all the more painful for his sister to see. He barely recalled what happened but he knew he was helpless by a very young woman. he was at her mercy and there was nothing he could do. he tried his best to keep her away but she had him tied up. As she spoke he shook his head and tried shrugging only to give new pain to his eaten shouder.

“I- I don’t know I just woke up... I’m not sure how I even got here!”

He exclaimed. Though he didn’t want her to see him like this, he was glad she was here. His well being was all the better to see a friendly face. He was quiet though, not wanting to talk about it. It had been a traumatizing experience from the moment he woke up from the searing pain in his ankle to the moments he fainted when he sent Marahute away to find help. It seemed she had since he was here and alive.... at least he thought he was alive.

“I’m not dead am I?”

He asked half jokingly smiling though that hurt too and he winced from the pain his face felt at such humor. He closed his eyes (even that hurt now) so that he didn’t have to see the pity in her eyes to see that he had failed as a man. Never in his life could he understand being beaten this badly. How it happened so quickly and yet it felt like it lasted for so many days...

<style>
.niroocean .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niroocean p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niroocean b {color:#AAD0E9; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niroocean-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
PP of Marahute was approve ahead of time. Yay new table from Kitty!!!Word Count :: 500+

Niro was kind of lucky that he was hurt so badly, because if this moment had been less serious when he asked if he was dead she would have picked up all her children and let it rain puppies onto the bed to prove that he was still alive. But their nipping and gnawching and playful paws would only cause him terrible pain right now, so she let them remain there on the floor, blissfully unaware of their uncle's plight. The one still chewed on her tail, others were sniffing their way around the room.

She bent over the bed, taking her brothers hand gently – as long as she didn't see any wounds or bandages there – and looked into his face though his eyes were now closed. He must be tired, he must be pained, and she wondered what she could possibly do for him. She had no idea what horrors lay beneath the bandages, or who had come to his aid and patched him up, but she knew that with this much gauze and rags that none of it could be pretty. He wasn't even sure what happened, it seemed, and she frowned at this. Was his memory just short from the trauma or had he sustained a head injury too?

“Have you seen Amaranth yet? Who is taking care of you?” Yeah, aparantly she didn't pay attention when he said that he didn't know and he had just woken up.

“You're not dead. Thank god you're not dead. Where did you even go for this to happen? Niro, you have to stay home, you have family. What if... whoever it was hadn't found you?” She lay her head beside him on the bed, staring up at his closed eyes. From the looks of it it would have been very likely that he wouldn't have returned had he not had a stroke of luck. As she stared up at him she suddenly noticed something was missing... “Your hair...” She reached out to carefully let her hand brush against the torn strangs. His mohawk was gone.

She was silent for a minute, and then said. “Your nieces and nephew are here.” She was sure he knew. They weren't exactly being quiet. Luckily they did not know enough to understand all of the words they spoke, either. “Can I get you something? You must be hungry? Thirsty? I can make broth.”

There was a sudden clacking sound at the window and it startled Orin. She jumped up and looked at the glass, and noticed for the first time that Marahute was perched upon the sill and now knocking fervently to be let in. “How long has she been there?” She wondered rhetorically as she moved to the window and opened it, letting the eagle in. The huge bird leaped from the window sill and soared over to Niro's bed, perching on the post there.

As soon as the puppies saw her they screeched in unison, “Birdieeeee!!!!” and clustered around the bedside trying to get a better look, barking and yipping and whining all the while.

Photo courtesy of Alaskan Dude

<style>
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#c30228; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 {background-color:#faede5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6778/orinpink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 424 OOC: Poor niro, and i love Orin XDDD.

This was why he loved his sister she fretted over him just for a few scratches. He laughed ironicaly. He shook his head as she asked about amaranth and hwo was taking care of him. He had no idea. He wasn’t even sure if his mate came. He would be sad to see that Amaranth had to see his state. It would probably shatter her own world. He had been strong for her but apparently he wasn’t strong enough for himself. He chuckled as she spoke of him staying home.

“That will be.... impossible as long as my children live... live outside the pack.”

He said taking gasps of breaths. It felt like he’d been pounded on the chest so hard that his ribs collapsed, but he didn’t even know if his ribs were broken. He remembered what they felt like when they had first been broken, but this just felt like pressure rather than sharp pains.

“Oh sister my hair wil grow back.”

He chuckled turning away again as more pain came to his body. He could hear the pups as they played and explored. it wasn’t the first he noticed them but heard them in particular. At the tapping he looked at the window. Marahute was doing her best to get in and he knew she could break the window if she really wanted in that badly.

“Not long I think or we would have seen a broken window I’m sure.”

He said watching as the bird flew to perch above him. He knew it was her who save him and got him help. She looked down on him giving him a look over to make sure he was moving. He reached his least injured arm up to tickle under her beak but couldn’t reach far enough. She moved so that he could and his hand stiffly scratched then he let it down. He was still very weak and htemention of food his stomach began begging like a dog. He looked at her the sound of broth was a good idea.

“Broth, yes, the pups.... how are they? I haven’t seen them.... in a while. I bet they are growing.”

HE said trying to make idle conversation. He wanted despirately to forget about his wounds and start life again, but it would seem that time to heal would take far longer than it had when he had his hunting accident or the fight in AniWaya.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Someone has a special trait! Word Count :: 800+

Now that Marahute was in the room the puppies, who were just a little curious before, were all out excited. They propped themselves up against the bedside, standing on their hind legs while their little paws perched against the bedside. The white boy, Vladmir tried to leap up at one point, but unfortunately gravity still worked and he just plopped back onto the floor. They were still too small to make it all the way up onto the bed. It only took one bark from Misha and then there was a chorus of high pitched puppy barking.

“The puppies...” when she started talking they just yipped louder, so in a super mature, motherly way, she just yelled over them. “The puppies are doing good! As if you couldn't tell!”

“Chikkun!” one of them yelled, and then their barking turned into an arrhythmic chant; “Chikkun chik un cheekeeen!” Orin looked at Marahute, and then Niro. “I don't think they're going to stop any time soon!” She yelled over them. “I'm going to check the kitchen to see what's in stock! Hopefully there's something ready that I can grab you quickly!” With that she stood and moved over to the door, almost as if she was going to leave Niro with her boisterous brood. But just as she reached the hallway she turned around and made a noise, and two puppies bounded after her.

“Svetlana,” she called the last pup, but the girl was up to something and couldn't be disturbed. Somehow, the white and black puppy had gathered a mouthful of sheets and she had pulled herself up to the edge of the mattress. Oversized white puppy paws managed to find their way over the edge, and after much furious kicking of two hind legs, the child managed to wriggle her way onto the bed. “Svet, honey, no. Uncle Niro doesn't feel good.” She came back into the room and was going to pluck the girl off of the bed, but Svetlana lowered herself onto the blankets and whined. Her icy blue eyes were full of worry when she looked at her mother and then her uncle, and there was a strange depth to the emotion in the puppy's gaze. Orin paused and just watched her in awe.

Instead of leaping all over Niro as her previous excitement would have purported, she kept her belly on the mattress and crawled forward slowly. She snaked up Niro's side, and when she butted up against him she stopped abruptly, ears dropping back as she watched him as though waiting for him to yelp in pain. Orin tilted her head and just stared at the puppy. When no one stopped her, Svetlana painstakingly scooted up further until she was at Niro's side, then settled her chin on Niro's arm. Her azure eyes stared up into his face, ears back, but her white tail twitched with a reassuring wag.

By now, Orin's jaw had dropped open. She had never seen anything like this before. Her children were too young and innocent to understand how badly Niro was hurt, yet Svetlana had wriggled up to his side in such a way that looked like she was trying to be gentle. Misha and Vladmir had returned to the room and wrestled around her ankles but she didn't even notice them, so curious about her daughter's display of compassion.

“Uncle hurt,” Svetlana squeaked, and then her pink tongue lapped out to lick his cheek, though her body remained still (except for her wagging tail). Then she buried her nose into his collar, hiding most of her face in the crook of his neck and shoulder. “Hurt better.”

Orin's golden eyes flicked to Niro's face. “Uhh... can she stay there a minute? I'll be right back...” She could not even imagine moving her deeply compassionate daughter from her uncle's side when she was trying so hard to make him feel better. Food. Right, Niro was hungry. Somehow she managed to leave the room, her son and other daughter trailing close behind, completely unaware of the heartfelt show of empathy their sister had just displayed.

The mother returned a quarter of an hour later. Much to her luck she had found a canister of broth someone had made a few days ago, so she nabbed it and heated it over the hearth. When she came back up stairs she carried the bowl on a saucer, but there was no spoon. “I found some bread, too. It's a little dry but if you dip it...” she settled down at his bedside once again, and then realized her utensil folly and looked at him apologetically. She didn't know what on him worked and what didn't, and wasn't sure if he could handle the bowl. “I'll get a spoon,” she said quickly.

<style>
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#c30228; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 {background-color:#faede5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6778/orinpink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 360OOC: so cuuute!!!

The yipping hurt his ears yet he endured. He loved puppies and he wasn’t going to slight them for being what they were. They were excited about seeing a bird, though they thought chickens. He couldn’t help shake his head at his sister and look up at her. He remembered the chicken that had chased her when she had taken its egg. It was silly. He wondered what it would be like if the eagles came back to see Niro stealing their eggs. He shuddered at the thought. He smiled understandingly. He knew what it was like. He had two wild children of his own.

The pup that hadn’t come, the cute black and white one, that looked much like her father came wiggling onto the bed. He smiled over at her as she showed her sympathy towards his pain. He looked at Orin and grinned. She was already doing so very well with the pups that they understood pain. He smiled as the pup licked him.

“Oh I think she’ll be fine here. Let her stay, she’s a comfort. I’ll be sure she’s ok. I promise.”

He said, his eyes a little watery from the moment. He was smiling and he ruffled at the little girls head. He was smiling and the little girl was making everything better without even having to try very hard. Children were such darlings and he was already in love with his sisters children. He waited for her to come back, being as absentminded as she was and laughing, though hurting after as she was about to rush to get a sppon.

“Don’t worry Orin. The good thing about broth is... it is quite easy to drink.”

He held up his good arm. It was sore just from the pressure the rope that had tied him to the tree. He was strong enough to hold up a bowl of soup and drink it. He knew his sister wanted to take care of him and accepted what he could, but he wanted to show her he was going to fight as well as he could.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 300+

She was about to flutter out of the room in search of a spoon when he said that it was ok, so she stopped and settled on the bed next to him. Orin held the bowl out to him as he reached for it but when he took it she could tell that he was still so very weak. Hopefully this broth and bread would be enough to boost his energy a little bit and help him heal. She wondered for a moment what else could help. Her old friend, Alaine Winters, once taught her that many plants could heal a number of ills. Was there something that could help him? Aside from plants Alaine had also taught her a few other things... things along the matter of faith... Her youngest children did not have protection runes, come to think of it. Nor did Niro. She wondered if it would have helped him.

“Here... don't you dare, let me...” she argued as he tried to drink the broth by himself. He was strong and proud and would probably spill it all over himself if left to his own devices. “I don't care if you get messy but I just gave the puppies a bath.” Her eyes flicked to the small white and black child that was curled up at Niro's side, though she was reaching out and supporting the bowl from the bottom as he tipped it back to drink. After a few swallows she held out the heel of bread in case he wanted to dip it.

She helped him eat in peace for a moment while Misha and Vladmir ran in circles chasing each other in the middle of the room, and then they ran out. She looked at Svet and saw the heavy eyelids flutter shut over ice-blue eyes. Her own golden gaze went back to Niro. “So... what do you remember? Surely there's something.” She asked, trying to sound casual. “Do you remember who it was? What they looked like?”

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 323

Niro drank with the help of Orin though he gave her a baleful glare, he knew she was doing what was for the best. The excuse was about her child but he knew she had other reasons and he wouldn’t argue, at least she let him keep the bowl in his own hand. Drinking filled his stomach in which probably did not have anything as wholesome as broth since the day Jiva, Palaydrian, and he hunted the deer. His stomach gurgled with happiness as he drank and she handed him the bread. Unfortunately with any effort he could not even lift the other hand. He did however switch the bowl to the hand so he could hold it low. The pup was resting and it felt nice, though it made him miss his own children. He took the bread, dipped it and took a very small bite out of it. It hurt to chew, so he made it slow and steady trying to ignore the pain. Then the question he knew was going to come came... and he didn’t think he could answer..

“I.... I remember nothing...”

He lied not looking at his sister, instead finding where the other two played and watched them intently, thinking about the game that him and Orin played. They had been in florida when they played the wrestling game. She was a cunning little pup though he won much of the time she had gotten in her wins not by sheer luck but by instinct and and odd way of thinking. He watched them knowing full well she was going to berate him, and demand the answers. He was embarrassed though. He knew the face very well he knew every little thing that happened during the attack. It was after that he had no knowledge of. How he was bandaged, who found him. He only knew Marahute left before he passed out.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 200+

Her brow wrinkled and she scrunched up her nose. Yeah, like she was going to believe that one. She shook her head at him. “You're about as bad at lying as I am at telling the truth,” she said, glaring at him with those molten amber eyes of hers. She might have believed him had it not been for the sudden drop in his tone, the way he wouldn't look at her, how he tried to use the puppies as a distraction.

“You remember something. Why won't you tell me?” She paused for a moment, and then sat up straight, looking indignant and proud. “In fact, if you're going to play it that way, I demand to know!” Her voice was harsher as she summoned the 'mom that takes no shit' tone and used it full force against him. “Like it or not we're pack again. That also means that they are,” she pointed at her children. “If someone attacked you then that's as good as attacking Cour des Miracles, and that's a threat to my children. It is your duty as Chevalier to tell me.”

Her eyes narrowed and she stared at him for a moment, though it was clear in her slowly softening features that this harsh Orin had no longevity. Sure, she could be a hand full when she wanted to be, and she was privy to sudden temper flares and mood swings, but Niro was hurt and she couldn't really make him suffer any more. Her brows went from being pinched in irritation to arching in worry. “Please?”

<style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...

And there it was his eyes went from the pups to her, hurt in his eyes. Embarrassment leaking from his pores. THe woman had done more to him than just try to eat his hsoulder... she’d violated him. If he weren’t in so much pain he was sure he would have bene probably one of the first male wolf rape victims by a woman. He couldn’t hold his stare instead he looked at the niece that had climbed up on his bed and was comforting him. It worked just by looking at her she was a comfort for him, but he still wouldn’t reveal what happened.

“It.... you wouldn’t understand....”

He said, still not looking at his sister, not knowing she had been ravaged far worse than he and that she would know perfectly well, that she had every right to know. He knew she did but to speak of it, would be to admitting defeat. The one who did this to her... she didn’t even look like she was a year old! He grunted not sure how Orin would take to this not sure about anything at the moment.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 900+

Silence spread throughout the room... at least, silence between the adults for the puppies were never really far from thunderstorms... as Orin sat there looking at Niro and contemplating what was going on. So there was something he wouldn't tell her? He thought that there was some kind of violence out there that she couldn't understand, after all she had been through? Had he ever had a pup murdered in front of his own eyes? Had he ever been chased from his back and sent out into the wilds with no one to turn to? Had he ever... ever... Anger percolated within her, starting at her core and threatening to burst in a rage. She looked away from him, her teeth grinding together as her jaw tensed so she would not spat hurtful words.

After a moment, she stood up, still wordless but with magma toiling in her eyes. She picked up Misha, she picked up Vladmir, and she even took Svetlana away from Niro, and walked out of the room. It probably seemed like she was going to leave him alone since she was gone for a moment, but instead of her footsteps retreating down the stairway, they went farther into the second floor, down the hall, and then the sound of a door closing could be heard. When Orin returned it was without her progeny. She pretended not to notice the thud behind her as the puppies overturned a chair in the room where she had locked them. She would probably owe the Court some new furniture after they were done, what with the way Misha liked to chew on things when she wasn't looking.

She walked back into the room, her face an illegible mask, and closed the door behind her. She didn't come over to him, didn't move far from the door way at all, she just stood there and stared at him. Finally, after her silence grew painful, she spoke in a low, controlled voice.

“You think I can't understand...” her gaze dropped and she stared at the ground, shaking her head, and instead of looking angry she just looked disappointed. “You think I can't understand violence? Do you think I can't understand being helpless? Niro, you're a fighter, and you're skilled. Whatever happened I know it tears at your soul right now. Anyone who is overpowered feels... worthless... after... let alone a wolf who can actually fight and look after himself. But this world is unforgiving,” she made a fist and her eyes darted up to look at him. “And as soon as you think you've conquered it it will humble you. As soon as you think you've found paradise it will show you what a fool you are.”

“You can think whatever you want about me, but I know pain. I am the Lady of Suffering. I know what it is you were protecting me from in Florida and I didn't figure it out from some worthless book. I have seen death and felt helplessness. I watched my son… violently murdered in front of my own eyes! While all I could do was stand there like an idiot! I couldn't fight, I couldn't even scream for help. All I could do was run. All I could do was leave Demetrius behind and run like a craven. And if I couldn't protect Demetrius, I sure as hell couldn't protect myself either. The only place to go was into the wild, where the wild things are...” She paused for a moment. Her voice had grown thick with emotion and if she didn't take a breath she would break down in sobs. She held up a hand though, telling him not to dare speak a word.

When she had recovered, she went on. Her head was angled low and her eyes looked up beneath her brow to stare at Niro while she told him something that she vowed never to let him know. “Already helpless, I got a second taste of it while I was out there. I already knew that I could not protect my children. I ran right into the claws of another madman out there.” Her hand was up, pointing at nothing to punctuate her point. “I knew if he found out about the puppies that I had hidden nearby while I bathed he would kill them, so I let him have what he wanted. My body. Dove, he called me, when he took me there right in the stream. The beating was not so bad if I did not struggle, and I could tell myself that it had to happen to save my daughters, but I had just had them, had just given birth days before, and it felt like...” these were probably too many details, but she could not stop herself now. “It felt like being impaled on the devil's fiery scepter...”

Silent tears were spilling down her cheeks now. There was only one other person that she had revealed this story to, and she never did understand why she had opened her soul up to her daughter's mate like that. But it had not been in nearly as much detail, and it had not been for nearly such an important purpose. She lowered her head, staring at the ground again, but her voice was still strong when she said, “So don't ever tell me what I will and won't understand.”

<style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 621 OOC: Le sad!!

Orin picked the pups up after a long silence. Then left. Niro’s heart hurt as he closed his eyes tight, knowing she was going away. It was better this way. He thought, though the angry look on her face made him shudder, as he was turning to look out the window to gather his thoughts she suddenly returned, closing his door. The words that came out of her mouth did not sound like her own. That was not the Orin voice he had loved so much, it was one he never heard before, one he wished he could wash away as she spoke her truth about what happened to her. Fear, pain, everything went through his head when she spoke of watching her own pup being murdered and then.... That terrible act. He wrestled with himself to get up, but he couldn’t manage getting his legs over the bed. He felt angry not just at the wolves that did this to her, but at himself for thinking only of himself. After she had left him... he was no longer there to protect her, and it seemed he left her in a worse state because that’s all he did... he did not teach her how to protect herself. His heart ached.

“Orin...I … I’m sorry. I just... It’s hard.”

Swallow your pride fool. He thought to himself, and he did swallow feeling a lump at the bottom of his throat. She told him the dirty little secret she had been hiding from him and it seemed only right. Why shouldn’t she know? Flashes of her being chewed on by the red woman went through his mind.

“I’ve done nothing but protect you. I never wanted you to go through any of that. I don’t want you to feel sorry for me, to feel pity or resentment... I … I don’t know how it happened, but she had me tied up to a tree and cut me. Orin... She savored every thing she did to me, the pain she relished in... and she ate my shoulder..... She didn’t just chew it, she ripped what she could right off me and ate it! And … and”

His mind was telling him, why he was giving her such detail, why she needed to know all this, but she had given her story.... and he cringed thinking of what she had to go through. This was just a scratch compared to what Orin went through. The next part he had so much trouble as he didn’t know exactly what happened.

“She rubbed on me... as if we were lovers... as though she didn’t just rip my body apart... and the worst thing was.... She was a pup Orin, no older than your daughter, Sarian. Maybe a bit but she was a pup still.”

There she had what she wanted though he doubted she would really like it much. He knew her life was far more in termoil than what had just happened to him. After all he did not witness his child being born, nor did he have to feel the pains of what she did and he wanted to know who the man was an if he was alive because he ahd the fire in his eyes, and he didn’t care if he couldn’t even move one of his feet, he was going to kill the bastard that took Orin by force. Niro would never have to feel pain like that though he had seen his own mate nearly kill Jiva before he intervened. The look in her eyes had been real. Real enough to question his and Jiva’s safety for a while.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]