Painful Wake.
[html]
Word Count :: 200+

Her brow wrinkled and she scrunched up her nose. Yeah, like she was going to believe that one. She shook her head at him. “You're about as bad at lying as I am at telling the truth,” she said, glaring at him with those molten amber eyes of hers. She might have believed him had it not been for the sudden drop in his tone, the way he wouldn't look at her, how he tried to use the puppies as a distraction.

“You remember something. Why won't you tell me?” She paused for a moment, and then sat up straight, looking indignant and proud. “In fact, if you're going to play it that way, I demand to know!” Her voice was harsher as she summoned the 'mom that takes no shit' tone and used it full force against him. “Like it or not we're pack again. That also means that they are,” she pointed at her children. “If someone attacked you then that's as good as attacking Cour des Miracles, and that's a threat to my children. It is your duty as Chevalier to tell me.”

Her eyes narrowed and she stared at him for a moment, though it was clear in her slowly softening features that this harsh Orin had no longevity. Sure, she could be a hand full when she wanted to be, and she was privy to sudden temper flares and mood swings, but Niro was hurt and she couldn't really make him suffer any more. Her brows went from being pinched in irritation to arching in worry. “Please?”

Photo courtesy of Alaskan Dude

<style>
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#c30228; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 {background-color:#faede5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6778/orinpink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread