[M]Your head one this plate
[html]
000+
poor Shandomly... though if you want I have ideas, i'll hunt you down on AIM later?

He should have known Zeneca wouldn't recognize him. After all, he'd left her so selfishly when she was barely old enough to keep her eyes open. She'd still smelled like milk and dew, like spring embodied in the innocence of a child. But she'd already had so much spirit and shown so much promise - Shandom had loved her more than words could describe. Like all things not named Linquilea, though, he loved himself more, and he could not bear to look at her without the unfortunate taste of blood on his salmon pink tongue. The guilt had been overwhelming. Of course he'd left. It was the only thing he knew how to do anymore.

Shandom grew suspicious when the tall male identified Zeneca as his sister; the Gamma, whose excited face had fallen rather comically, narrowed his eyes at this stranger and wondered if Keli had another litter. You aren't Halaki or Twensu, my sons and her only brothers (or, at least, the only ones I know of). Who are you, and why are you with my daughter? Shandom's voice was harsh and emotional - it was clear that Zeneca's ignorance dealt a devastating blow to the man's pride. The mistrust in his face softened, though, as he took a step to the side to get a glimpse of the girl who hid behind the towering giant. It's okay, Zen, Shandom whispered, stretching out his hand to invite the girl closer. It's... It's me. It's Shandom... Your father. It's Daddy.

The proud man's voice broke slightly as he internally pleaded with the girl to take his hand and come closer. I live near here, in a pack called New Dawn. Come, I'll take you and your... He paused momentarily, gaze shifting warily back to the hulking stranger. I'll take you and your brother with me. You can stay with us. We'll offer you a good home. In his wildest dreams, the scarred man could not have imagined that Zeneca would be anything but eager to come with him. A kind, hopeful smile spread across his scarred face, and his good eye twinkled with the possibilities of reuniting with his estranged children. Please, Zeneca, he whispered. Please, come with me.

He'd never wanted anything more.

<style type="text/css">
.herface b {font-weight:normal; color:#d2e9fe; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#182d42 0px 0px 3px; }
.herface .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3e606c; text-align:center; text-shadow:#e1ede6 0px 1px 1px;}
.herface p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.herface {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#91a5ac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7AZmy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e606c; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#3e606c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread