Cautionary Tale
[html]
omnomnomnom saul's a naughty boy, patrollin' on his own lol

Their arrival, loud as it was, was probably not the best thing in such circumstances. It seemed to Saul that Colibri was wrapped up thoroughly in Lilin's embrace, the two tangling together with their backs to one of the older trees in the vicinity. He also understood that physical contact with anyone else but Lilin was probably going to do more harm than good- the desperate way to which the Soul female clung to her sister spoke volumes in keeping the others back. She was family, but she was fragile, breakable. There came, from Lilin's shoulder, movement from the chocolate female and Saul allowed green eyes to connect with fading blue as his own name was murmured softly alongside his cousins. A weak smile was given in return- he was here for her, in any way she wanted.

He didn't notice the arrival of others, but he knew there would be others eventually. If they didn't heed this call, there would be those who were present to inform those who had forsaken their Virdings call. Absently, Saul made a mental list to hunt down those who had failed to turn up, a black and white husky face flashing in his mind. Where was Ezra? His inner musings, and subsequent irritation, were silenced as the feather-quiet sounds of Colibri's voice came. Cinnamon backed ears flashed back as the message was relayed, a wordless whine escaping the leaders mouth. Her next words were taken with a bittersweet smile- despite her pitiful state, she was warning them to be careful.

Unable to voice his opinion for the moment, Saul was grateful that Lilin spoke up when she did. The ring of authority in her words was welcome and Saul felt his tail swish once back and forth before falling short once more. Her orders were fair and reasonable- he glanced back at Temeraire with a pointed look. His son ducked his head once, a jerking nod that told the Stormbringer his son understood the severity of the situation. His own question was asked at perhaps the same time as Lilin raised her voice and asked those assembled if they had any questions. Gratitude overwhelmed him for a moment- she was giving him the opportunity to ask Coli about her injuries in private.

His Hollr's answer was a little shocking, but under the circumstances he allowed a swift nod to acknowledge his understanding. Green eyes were livid as he gazed upon the marking on her chest, inflammed, oozing. With a sympathetic frown, he glanced back towards his son and instructed the boy to return to their house and retrieve his satchel. It was usually always stocked and he hoped he had everything he needed in there. Once his son had scrambled off, he looked back to Coli. I don't want to hurt you any more, but will you let me help? I need to clean the wound on your chest and give you something to reduce the inflammation. He spoke calmly, his voice a monotonous tone to soothe the fragile woman. Green eyes flickered up to his belle once before he fixed his attention on Coli.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
522+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread