[aw] wistful days
[html]

Trent seemed to have landed himself another chatty fellow, already talking as Trent helped the man off the stairs. He was grateful for the introduction so he had something to call the man, and couldn't help but be curious what had gotten him in the state he was in. There were so many questions that he could ask, but before he could think of which to ask first, Niro started to talk again. The words were puzzling once more, and rose questions such as 'doesn't your room have windows?', or whatever those things were called. Or, 'why not get a nice, cool, breathy den instead?'.

But instead of figuring out which question to ask first, Trent was asked a question and he was grateful that it meant he wouldn't need to think of which of the doubtlessly sort of awkward questions he should ask first. "I'm Trent." He didn't have a fancy last name, or rather, not one that he liked to flaunt around, but so far he hadn't met any other Trent's anyway, and he didn't figure he would, ever, unless another set of parents had tormented their child by giving him a weird name like his.

Looking at the base of the stairs, Trent suggested awkwardly, "Uh... Do you want to sit here, or something? Or do you want to... go somewhere?" He had no idea if Niro was on his way somewhere important and needed more help getting all the way down, or if he just wanted some fresh air and company and nothing more. Then, in response to Niro's next question, he said, "Ah... I haven't been a member for super long. A few months, I guess." He mostly just knew Alder, anyway. And of course Terra, and then a handful of wolves he'd only really met once. That seemed like a pretty pathetic count of friends, as Terra nor Alder were really his friends, either. Well, maybe, sort of. But lately he'd been running even from them, so that probably made him a pretty lousy friend.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread