[aw] wistful days
ooc: for anyone who joins, please note that i'll be gone for 1 or possibly 2 weeks and replies'll be slow until then, since it's my wedding this friday (the 13th) and an online friend's flying in to stay with us for a week too. :-)

[html]

Trent was ashamed of how apathic he'd been, how he had just blended into daily life in the pack and hadn't really put any effort forward to... well, to anything, really. He had met up with Alder and Terra, when she was wounded at the time, for a bit. But Trent felt so detached, and he wasn't sure what he could do about changing that. The stupid pony drove him mad, too, and he tended to leave her with Alder most of the time, or wherever Alder kept his horses, anyway; Trent selfishly knew that Alder would care for the horses, anyway, and so he left Pony there most of the time, because the damn thing followed him around if he didn't.

Today he rested just outside the Chien Hotel in his optime form, the hot sun beaming down on him, looking at the building. He'd grown used to the human society - even though he still didn't have jeans, like Sebastian had, or anything else that was great; because apparently, Trent was an awful treasure hunter and the only treasure he ever found then turned out to already belong to someone else. And then there was Terra, who somehow could've made things right, or Alder, who actually cared, but he just hid for them, afraid of what good they might bring him, perhaps. He sighed at that, feeling miserably sorry for himself and his pathetic life.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 359 OOC: and Niro trumps that. He is in optime, and is wearing nothing, he no longer has his awesome hawk and his face is covered with bandages, and so is his right shoulder and left foot is in a cast... he is having tons of trouble haha

Niro finally mastered the stairs, though he had to do his trick he had before, he was in less pain than he had before. It had been at least a week since he was outside. He had to get there. So he used the walls to get him towards the doors of the blasted huge hotel. Why would anyone have such a big place like this. He growled inside his head and though he had to take frequent stops he soon made it close to the doors of the hotel and then came the hard part of opening the door. His shoulder still in too much pain to want to move to much Niro had only one arm to use, but he was determined, even if he had to break through the damn door. After rattling it and pulling hard on it with what little might the man had, it finally came open. He grunted with pain at the unexpected swing in and his shoulder had moved too much.

But the air that came through that door made him feel all the better, and he didn’t expect to see the other wolf there either. He stopped and stared, not sure what to do, his plans of scootching out onto the porch long shot now that the man was there. He grew red, not able to move for a second, but took a breath.

“Would you care to help me out a bit? I did not expect such a dip in the porch.”

The last bit was a lie, but he hoped the man wouldn’t try chasing him back into bed. Niro was so sick of that stupid stinking bed he had no room and even when his pups got up there, it just didn’t feel like home and Amaranth could not sleep with him for when she even touched his shoulder or foot he would wake in pain and be unable to sleep. So his hope for this man to help him out was a deal better than him watching Niro make a fool of himself scootching over to get a little air.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
ooc: Thank you for joining! Big Grin

[html]

Trent could've sat out here alone all day, simply enjoying his loneliness. He kept telling himself he needed to do things — see pony, see Alder, thank Alder, learn how to ride, possibly, or at least see if pony had yet learned to carry stuff about — but somehow sitting out here in the sun all by his lonesome was such a much, much more appealing option.

Just as he thought he'd spend his day alone, the doors flung open and someone stumbled through them. Trent couldn't suppress a surprised gasp at the mutilated face of the other (or, rather, the bandaged face, which Trent imagined was mutilated underneath in another case of assuming the worst). Trent felt like watching a scene from afar, as though he was not really there, and shamelessly watched the wounded luperci as he seemed to be trying to make his way out of the hotel. When asked to help out, he felt suddenly exposed, as though the bandaged luperci had broken his invisibility spell, and realised how rude he had to look just gawking at the wounded fellow.

With haste in his voice Trent jumped to his feet and said, "Yes, yes, uh, of course." It didn't even occur to him to tell the other to go back in, for a plethora of reasons, but the biggest one was that he didn't care much whether he'd get hurt more or not by moving around in his condition. Trent hurried over to the guy's side, not really sure what exactly was expected of him. Support, he supposed, and so he awkwardly moved to the bandaged luperci's side and offered a hand, not really sure what he was expected to do. He just hoped the other guy would grab him to support himself, or something, and he'd just walk along and down the porch.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 419 OOC: Niro is pathetic

Niro was breathing hard but he was not going to admit defeat and when the man came up to him and offered a hand Niro could only grunt and grab the man’s hand, hating himself and used him as to what little support her could. Then when he was able to get off the step onto the porch he let go and sat. He felt like a fool but he was able to move away from the door and rest for a second, letting in the fresh welcoming air into his lungs. “Oh that is so much better thank you, the name’s Niro Takekuro, and you have just done me a great thing. It is good to be out.” It was true... it had been over a week since he was outside last, and just to feel that light breeze in his fur, it felt rejuvinating; “No one seems to know how much fresh air can help a man breath, and feel better. I haven’t seen you around. Who might you be?” He asked curiously raising his arm up to scratch at the top of his head, where his mohawk use to be, then letting it fall down when he couldn’t find the stiff hair that use to stand up, it was growing he could feel it was longer, but only by a little, it would take a while before his hawk grew back in. “And though important only to me, how long have you been around here? I’ve only been back a few months myself, been on a long absense.”

He got himself into a more comfortable position as he moved towards the stairs, where he felt more comfortable sitting at. It hurt just to move now and he probably lost color though his own grey pelt did not allow his lack of color to show through, the only evidence was his hard breathing. Niro wasn’t as maimed as he seemed. The bandages on his face could come off soon he knew, and his foot owuld be in a cast for a long time and the shoulder.... he didn’t want to think about what it would look like when he did take off the bandages. It just hurt to think about his exposed muscles and how excruciatingly slow they were healing. Neither his shoulder or foot were superficial injuries and had to be checked regularly, and he knew Amaranth would have a fit if she saw him out here now.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Trent seemed to have landed himself another chatty fellow, already talking as Trent helped the man off the stairs. He was grateful for the introduction so he had something to call the man, and couldn't help but be curious what had gotten him in the state he was in. There were so many questions that he could ask, but before he could think of which to ask first, Niro started to talk again. The words were puzzling once more, and rose questions such as 'doesn't your room have windows?', or whatever those things were called. Or, 'why not get a nice, cool, breathy den instead?'.

But instead of figuring out which question to ask first, Trent was asked a question and he was grateful that it meant he wouldn't need to think of which of the doubtlessly sort of awkward questions he should ask first. "I'm Trent." He didn't have a fancy last name, or rather, not one that he liked to flaunt around, but so far he hadn't met any other Trent's anyway, and he didn't figure he would, ever, unless another set of parents had tormented their child by giving him a weird name like his.

Looking at the base of the stairs, Trent suggested awkwardly, "Uh... Do you want to sit here, or something? Or do you want to... go somewhere?" He had no idea if Niro was on his way somewhere important and needed more help getting all the way down, or if he just wanted some fresh air and company and nothing more. Then, in response to Niro's next question, he said, "Ah... I haven't been a member for super long. A few months, I guess." He mostly just knew Alder, anyway. And of course Terra, and then a handful of wolves he'd only really met once. That seemed like a pretty pathetic count of friends, as Terra nor Alder were really his friends, either. Well, maybe, sort of. But lately he'd been running even from them, so that probably made him a pretty lousy friend.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 376OOC:

Niro gave a sigh of relief when he was finally able to settle in and he looked at Trent as he introduced himself, he nodded and smiled; “Very nice to meet you then Trent.” He said wearily, but in a happy tone. He looked out over the scene that the Hotel gave him. He had no quarrel with last names, though he was proud of his, as his line went down for a few generations up to the virus in which was told by his ancestors long ago. Though he wasn’t sure, he thought he had a hint that his family was once part of a zoo down in the southern lands and they were lucky enough to be able to get out of the place alive. Not all the animals were.

He looked over at Trent as he spoke again and it seemed he wasn’t sure how to take Niro and he shook his head; “No no, just need to get out, my damn mother in law and mate want to keep me cooped up in that stuffy place. A wolf needs breathing air.” Niro nodded in acceptance to the man’s other question, so probably a bit longer than when Niro came back, that was fine, he had his hands full with his pups and mate as well as tracking down the nesting birds of the peninsula, at least the nesting raptors.. It was hard to get out and move about with that lot; “I see, I have no doubts if I have not been so busy with my work, but I trust you like it here, or I am sure you would have left by now.” It seemed a little hard getting things out of the young man, though Niro was sure he probably invaded on Trent’s own private time. He cursed himself for not having his knife or anything to work with out here. It would be a good chance to get some of his more precise leatherworking done, and he wanted to make something for his daughter as well, she loved his little wooden figurines he made and knew she could play with them or admire them more when she was able to change.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Like all wolves Trent had met so far in Cour des Miracles, this one seemed exceptionally kind, too. Trent smiled at him as the other guy said that it was nice to meet him -- such exceptional kindness was something he'd only really experienced in this pack -- and waited for an answer. The answer was vague, but Trent supposed he just wanted to get out, into the open air, and not too far away. That made sense, since judging by how painful it looked to get out, it'd probably be equally painful to move at all and to find his way back inside eventually. Seemed like a good idea to stay here, so that Trent wouldn't have to call for help halfway through a stroll through the packlands, or something.

Trent sat down on the stairs, which seemed a nice, nearby-the-hotel enough place, so that it wouldn't be too much effort helping Niro back up the stairs. He wondered, as Niro's next remark came out, what kind of work he did. Had he been injured by said work? That seemed logical, since if he had not, then what sort of work could anyone do looking like that..? "What sort of work do you do?" Trent asked, not going into the matter of liking it here or not further. He liked it here good enough, because it was the only thing that stood between lying somewhere in a ditch dead, so it'd do. While waiting for a reply, curious about Niro's occupation, Trent wondered idly how Alder was doing, and how Pony was, since he hadn't visited neither in a while.

[/html]