[p] but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey
The dusky hybrid considered her words with a perk of both ears, red eyes narrowing. He considered, ruminating. Did God wish for the deaths of unbelievers? Ithiel did not think so -- he was commanded not to proselytize and flaunt his beliefs as the end-all and be-all. Those in Scintilla knew they were earthbound and had only a poor mortal's grip on the truth of the world. His thoughts and answer both were careful -- philosophical territory was virtually unbroken for the dusky hybrid, and for good reason.

I believe they misinterpret God, he said. It is for Him to judge, and Him alone. Those who seek to usurp his judgement are themselves damned. I can't say whether I'd obey a God who wanted his followers to kill, he added. Maybe I would, if I had been given reason to believe God was such a being. Until I came to Inferni, I questioned little. I still don't seek to question my God or faith, but perhaps I would. The dusky hybrid was not certain if he was expressing himself right: he was not good at thinking in speculation and conjecture.

Messages In This Thread