[p] was i too pretentious?
[html]
(346)

She had expected the greeting to be more quiet than what had actually happened. Her voice was quiet enough, she had thought, that it would not scare the man, only disturb him from his thoughts. But, as he whipped around, spitting out strangely formed words at her, she discovered that she was wrong. She was quick to shrink half her size, ears pinned and eyes rounded, as he turned to face her. She hoped that her submission would be enough to distract him when she fleed, and tensed her arms as she prepared to fling the wheel aimlessly. She definately did not want to hit the man, only to perhaps anger him further, but to divert his attention while she scurried off.

But, it did not seem to be needed as the doggish Luperci suddenly calmed down when he got a good look at her. Sparrow continued to stare meekly back him at as he apologized, though she rose from her crouched position a little. "N-no, its okay," she stammered, still rattled at his outburst. It was unsuspecting, and even after the seconds that had passed her heart was still pounding feverently. "I s-shouldn't have snuck up on you like that... I-I'm sorry."

She watched as he bowed slightly, and shyly dipped her head back, unsure of what to do. She allowed him to step closer to her, and while she knew that he did not seem harmful, she kept her ears and tail down, and occassionally casted her gaze down. "I-I'm not lovely, Mr. Harvey," she disagreed quietly, becoming ever more timid by his talk; it was not like she found his comments uncomfortable, but more like they were unnecessary, and it only made her feel more awkward.

"Anyway, m-my name is Sparrow... Do you live here? I didn"t mean to trepass, if it is... I didn't smell any markers o-or anything," she added quickly, hoping that she did walk into his land. It was one thing to scare a canine, but to snope around his claim and taking what was in it was unbelievable. [/html]

Messages In This Thread