May the clouds carry me away,
[html]
through the madness we find
loyalty is no match for power

Word Count → 437 :: This is really cruddy, but I wanted to post something quick before I went out for the day. Smile

It had been a little over a week since the d'Artisans had returned from their trade voyage, and Levent was glad to reacquaint himself with the land. He never liked to stay in one place for very long, and often he took excursions into neutral territory even after joining the pack. The stress of the trading had kept him from exploring like he wanted to, and there was still a lot for the merchant to do in Cercatori d'Arte, such as care for the new horse and prepare for the birth of his puppies by Hotaru.

Preparation for his children's coming was what had him marching through the wooded areas of Nova Scotia today. He knew that, while the large cities had their artifacts, there were less-thought-of places hidden in the forests, such as overgrown suburbs and isolated shacks that luperci might haven't come across yet. There he might find toys, or books to teach them to read, or even relics belonging to human babies that could give them a bit of an edge, like a crib or cradle. Honestly, though, he barely had a clue of what he might be looking for, and it almost didn't seem worth it considering how far he was traveling. Something could be said about the watery route they'd taken north on the trading voyage -- it was a lot quicker than hoofing it.

Think you could carry me for a spell, Wils? Levent asked with a grin shot over his shoulder before he remembered that the cat wasn't accompanying him for this trip. The tom had been spending more and more time away from him lately, and it troubled him more than he'd like to admit. He didn't know if he'd said or done something wrong; they'd been friendly as usual on the boat and at the trading camps. He could only assume it had to do with Hotaru.

He sighed, stopped. There was the outline of a little house beyond the treetops, and he abandoned his troubled thoughts; it was easier to get this job done without emotional baggage. His blue eyes were already scanning for a way into the house, his fingers gripping his satchel, when the fresh scent of a stranger caught his attention and made him groan. Once again, it seemed like someone else had found the treasures before him.

Hello? Levent called, padding along the side of the house. His brow furrowed briefly, but then he could make out a shape reclined on a broad stone. Excuse me, miss? Is this house yours?

table by raze; image from wikipedia commons

<style>
.blarhwav-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.blarhwav .words {font-size:43px; font-family: 'Amatic SC'; text-align:center; line-height:32px; padding:0px 5px 10px; padding:10px 0px 0px;}
.blarhwav {font-family:Times New Roman, times, serif; font-size:15px; text-align: left; line-height:20px; margin:0 25px;}
.blarhwav p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:15px 5px 10px;}
.blarhwav p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.blarhwav .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.blarhwav p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:9px 5px;}
.blarhwav b {font-family:Book Antiqua, Palatino, serif; font-size:15px;}
.blarhwav b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.blarhwav b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.blarhwav b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread