dripping in gold
[html]

The stranger rattled off lots of names that meant nothing to her. The Confidant cocked her head and then realized what was going on after a look at the man’s face. He was definitely older than she expected and he was talking about packs that were around before her time. He also spoke funny, so Maggie was all around confused. He didn’t seem like much of a threat, which was appealing. Perhaps he was just an old man looking for his old home.

“I’m sorry sir,” she started awkwardly, greedily taking a large swig from the male’s flask. It burned her throat, but she welcomed the irritation. She passed the flask back to him. “I know about many packs in this area, but these are ones I’m unfamiliar with. If I haven’t heard of them, they’re probably long gone,” It was true, she was the pack scout, it was her job to be able to recognize other pack’s smells when their members came to Salsola’s borders. “I am from the Kingdom of Salsola,” she said proudly, looking the Russian in the eye. “and while I am proud to call this place my home we do not divulge pack secrets to strangers. But I can tell you this. We are a clan, we’re all family and we stick together. We have our religion and we are blessed with its power, too.”

Whether or not the silver Confidant believed in that magic she wasn’t entirely sure; but it was still there, she had witnessed the sacrifice that would protect her children from harm. She gave the peculiar stranger a wide, knowing smile.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread