dripping in gold
[html]

Holy cow I’m threading with you again! I think the last time we threaded was when Sal impregnated Shae, and we both kno how well that went. >__> Spree, mebbe?

Maggie had felt guilty about how little attention Jasper had gotten lately. Denver hated the animal so Maggie could only take care of her horse when she had a free hour to herself, which was few and far between these days. Today, however, knowing that her children were old enough to speak and could be left alone for small amounts of time comforted the Confidant enough to leave her children for a while. Maybe she was a little over protective of them, but she didn’t care. She wasn’t going to fail her children the same way her own mother failed her.

Maggie walked to the stables in the early morning, and used some of the communal Salsola tack to ready her while stallion. Once Jasper was ready, the two took off like a bullet. Both creatures were grateful for it.

Mggie missed her early morning patrols with her faithful companions, but Kimbra wasn’t around in the morning. Hoping the Kite would join her later, Maggie urged her white horse onwards farther away from the heart of the ruins. Maggie aimed northeast and found herself far from the Pictou, on the far western side of the borders. With the Bay to her left, Maggie left Salsola territory. She always kept the scent of Salsola on her fur during patrols and her knife delicately placed around her neck and hanging between her breasts. Vendetta Magnolia was back in business.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 307 I'm guessing this is Drifter Bay areaish. Yes, it's been way too long. Poor Sal, every time I see someone with the name Eternity I get a little sads in my heart. <33. Yay spree!

More wandering, more wandering. Sleeping wherever he could find a place to curl up and it felt great! Thorn Russo had lived in civilized areas for the majority of life; if you counted the ship that brought them to North America, but sometimes it felt nice to return to your roots and live on the ground under the trees. That's not to say that the black and white wolf wanted to be a loner forever, certainly not, but until he heard about a pack that suited him and perhaps reminded him of his russian home he would be happy to run around where he could. Today's adventure was to find some interesting seashells and perhaps make a necklace, he had found a chain in Halifax and knew it had a purpose waiting to be fulfilled.

Adjusting his kilt he bent down, gathering a few shells and flicking a few away, one particular piece of sea glass made his eyes light up and he palmed it, rolling it around in his paw before dropping it into the pocket with his hip flask. Retrieving the flask and taking a quick swig he put the flask away and sniffed the air. He knew this was neutral territory, he could smell the mingling scents that no packlands would stand for, the meet and greets that often ended in new friendships despite pack lines. Yet the scent was different, interesting and rather like the water that he sailed across five times already. He perked up, ears and eyes and nose, before standing from his crouching position and considering the creature on horseback riding towards him.

Lifting his hand he waved, a foolish smile on his face and tail quietly wagging behind him. He had only ridden a horse once but he believed them to be wonderfully amazing creatures. "What a beautiful creature!"

Photo courtesy of fatedsnowfox

<style>
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#cad5a5; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 {background-color:#584f26; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... ornbg2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Omg Thorn looks like one of the Magzbebiez. XD

The petite lady could tell Jasper was enjoying this. The two friends launched over large tree trunks and small rivers, Maggie giggling every time they made it safely back to earth. The girl’s mind was brought back to earth when Jasper slowed down because of the pale wolf that had appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. He waved, and seemed unaware of the rumors that surrounded her pack. She cocked an inquisitive eyebrow, but decided she would take the friendly approach back with this stranger.

“Isn’t he?” Maggie called down to the male below her, before she nimbly leapt from Jasper’s back. The male smelled of another land entirely, and no pack scent clung to his fur. “I don’t know how I got so lucky,” she gave her faithful friend a pat on his nose, which he nuzzled his whole head into her paw. “Can I help you, sir?” She would find out his intentions for being so close to Salsola by being friendly. She found that approach usually worked much better than how the rest of the pack greeted foreigners. Though, if they were there with sinister intentions, Maggie had no problem stabbing them right in the heart. One could say she was brainwashed, finally, to the ways of the cult she called home.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 306 I'm guessing this is Drifter Bay areaish. Yes, it's been way too long. Does he? He's an old coot but he's lovely Smile

Sobirat'sya was close and tight-knit, it still surprised Thorn that the clan had allowed in the full-blooded coyote that he had slept with and impregnated. He had two children with her, little rotten children that meant well but knew no manners or polite conversation. He had heard his elders speaking about them like they were the devil themselves and on some days certainly they were possessed by this Christian bogeyman. His homeland had seemed different after their birth and he had waited to return to these lands until they had gotten a bit older. Now they were full grown and there were rumours his daughter was already pregnant as he was readying to leave. He had once known of the packs here and now they had changed, their scents were different and interesting. He smiled at this wolf that stood before him after jumping off her horses' back, she smelled of sea and intrigued him greatly.

She asked if she could help him and he blinked, wondering if she could. Perhaps she assumed he was looking to join this interesting smelling pack? Perhaps he would, someday, but he was too busy to right now. Information would be good though, he knew nothing about the packs around here now. "Maybe you can" his accent had mostly diminished over the years with age but there was still a trace of the Russian lingering behind. "I lived in Syemv and then Aremys very briefly, many years ago coming from Russia. I left and came back and now everything has changed. This pack you come from, that smells like marshy wonderland, can you tell me about it?" He smiled, generous and genial. Taking another swig from his hip flask, he offered it, as was polite although he suspected the lady had a better mind than to take firewater from strangers.

<style>
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#cad5a5; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 {background-color:#584f26; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... ornbg2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

The stranger rattled off lots of names that meant nothing to her. The Confidant cocked her head and then realized what was going on after a look at the man’s face. He was definitely older than she expected and he was talking about packs that were around before her time. He also spoke funny, so Maggie was all around confused. He didn’t seem like much of a threat, which was appealing. Perhaps he was just an old man looking for his old home.

“I’m sorry sir,” she started awkwardly, greedily taking a large swig from the male’s flask. It burned her throat, but she welcomed the irritation. She passed the flask back to him. “I know about many packs in this area, but these are ones I’m unfamiliar with. If I haven’t heard of them, they’re probably long gone,” It was true, she was the pack scout, it was her job to be able to recognize other pack’s smells when their members came to Salsola’s borders. “I am from the Kingdom of Salsola,” she said proudly, looking the Russian in the eye. “and while I am proud to call this place my home we do not divulge pack secrets to strangers. But I can tell you this. We are a clan, we’re all family and we stick together. We have our religion and we are blessed with its power, too.”

Whether or not the silver Confidant believed in that magic she wasn’t entirely sure; but it was still there, she had witnessed the sacrifice that would protect her children from harm. She gave the peculiar stranger a wide, knowing smile.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: ---

Even Thorn sometimes forgot how old he was and at times had a younger spring in his step than others. Tipping his head in a nod he took back the flask and after taking a swig himself placed it back into the top pocket of his kilt. She had apologized and said she didn't know of these packs and the white and black male's face fell just slightly. Like a poker face being peeled away, he swallowed a growing lump in his throat before uttering, rather quietly, "So dats how much things have changed." He remembered the glorious ship, the glorious pack that had formed from the Europeans landing on Souls' shores. He remembered Fatin, Salvaged, Endymion, Valerik, Rurik… the list trickled on and on before she continued to speak about her own pack.

Lifting his fedora and running a hand through his mane before replacing it he smiled, this Salsola reminded him slightly of his homeland. Their clan had also been somewhat secretive but still allowed the odd outsider in. If only this allowed the bloodlines to run clean and free of the impurities that incest brought about. "It sounds like a wonderful place you live in. My own homeland sounds similar and we too have pack secrets that are kept close to our chests. We have religion as well that brings great power to our lands during even the most miserable winters." Thorn wasn't about to poke and prod to get more information, she seemed rather determined to keep that to herself and he didn't want the pretty lady to get in trouble for divulging it. "I'm Thorn Russo, from across the ocean. Is there anything else you can tell me about the other packs? I'm willing to pay for any information…" He dipped a paw into his pocket and pulled out the now shiny chain. It had taken time to polish off the rust but he doubted it looked anything less than shiny.

<style>
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 {background-color:#584f26; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... ornbg2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]

derp (344).

“The other packs?” she started, racking her brain to remember everything she knew about the other packs in the area. She stopped thinking momentarily when he pulled out the beautiful, shiny chain. She was completely unable to stop herself. How did he know she loved jewelry? She figured it must be a more common obsession than she realized. Greedily, the girl’s eyes widened as it sparkled in the sun and she snatched it out of his hands. In another dainty movement she quickly threw it around her neck. It meshed nicely with the two other silver chains already hanging there, though she made a mental note to find a pendant of some sort for it to be useful. “Gladly,” she said with a smile, giving her new trinket a thorough inspection as she spoke.

“Here in the north we have Inferni, the coyote clan, Anathema, the pack of witches and mystics, my, and three new packs that I don’t know much about, though my clan seems to be neutral towards them. From what I understand New Dawn is all about giving up the amazing knowledge of things humans left us,” the confidant, in her two-legged form, rolled her eyes at the ridiculous notion. “They are not kind to luperci, apparently. Far south of here, almost a two days ride away are the kingdom of Cour des Miracles, a heathen tribe of haters in Aniwaya, and a trading pack that I have forgotten the name of,” She was completely unaware of Casa di Cavalieri, for she wasn’t around in the south at the time of their formation.

“Now it is my turn for questions. Why did you leave your homeland, and how did you cross the sea?” It seemed like a vast wasteland that was impossible to cross. She had heard of boats and other distant lands before, but this man seemed to be from an even different place than where Sirius and Zeitgeist were from. “Are you from London?” It might have been a silly question, but it was worth asking.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 425 Sorry if Thorn's speech patterns keep changing, still trying to figure out how he speaks.

There were few creatures in the world that could resist a shiny object. There was a good reason crows and magpies had been coveting them for so long. As the lady took the chain Thorn let a smile play over his features and listened intently to the information she gave about the packs. Only one name was familiar to the white Russian and his smile faded when he heard it. Inferni had not been kind to the European wolves, they had landed on their beach and demanded they move. After Thorn had left to go back to Russia the first time the pack had changed names and location, becoming something else that felt less like what they had strived to achieve in the first place. He had loved a coyote, or at least bore two children with her, but he knew the way they could be when they got into groups. There was something primal that clicked in their behaviours against wolves. Thorn was a very tolerant and kind creature but even he was suspicious of coyotes. He made a mental note to stay away from Inferni and those packs that called them allies.

"Spasiba. Thanks." He gave a little nod, almost a bow and continued. "Inferni was here when I was here, they didn't like where my pack was on their beach and made us move. I love living on dat beach. Hm." He let out a little sigh and took a swig on his flask, replacing it in his pocket and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "You want to know about me though, da? I have been back and forth from Russia for long time now, I come here with my brother and other wolves, then go back and have family. I come back here now, kids go off on their own. This land is second motherland. I cross ocean in a boat, we have good makers of boats back home. Sometimes journey is bad, very rough and sometimes, just long." He smiled then, a big goofy smile, and added rather proudly, "I am from Russia, my family name means Russia in mother tongue."

He dug in a tiny pocket and pulled out a piece of dried fish, one of the last from his travels overseas. Breaking it in two he offered a piece to the interesting lady wolf. "Is good fish. I eat only this traveling from there to here. Are you from here? Do you have the name of your homeland like I do?" Bribes and questions.

<style>
[/html]