dripping in gold
[html]
Word Count :: 425 Sorry if Thorn's speech patterns keep changing, still trying to figure out how he speaks.

There were few creatures in the world that could resist a shiny object. There was a good reason crows and magpies had been coveting them for so long. As the lady took the chain Thorn let a smile play over his features and listened intently to the information she gave about the packs. Only one name was familiar to the white Russian and his smile faded when he heard it. Inferni had not been kind to the European wolves, they had landed on their beach and demanded they move. After Thorn had left to go back to Russia the first time the pack had changed names and location, becoming something else that felt less like what they had strived to achieve in the first place. He had loved a coyote, or at least bore two children with her, but he knew the way they could be when they got into groups. There was something primal that clicked in their behaviours against wolves. Thorn was a very tolerant and kind creature but even he was suspicious of coyotes. He made a mental note to stay away from Inferni and those packs that called them allies.

"Spasiba. Thanks." He gave a little nod, almost a bow and continued. "Inferni was here when I was here, they didn't like where my pack was on their beach and made us move. I love living on dat beach. Hm." He let out a little sigh and took a swig on his flask, replacing it in his pocket and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "You want to know about me though, da? I have been back and forth from Russia for long time now, I come here with my brother and other wolves, then go back and have family. I come back here now, kids go off on their own. This land is second motherland. I cross ocean in a boat, we have good makers of boats back home. Sometimes journey is bad, very rough and sometimes, just long." He smiled then, a big goofy smile, and added rather proudly, "I am from Russia, my family name means Russia in mother tongue."

He dug in a tiny pocket and pulled out a piece of dried fish, one of the last from his travels overseas. Breaking it in two he offered a piece to the interesting lady wolf. "Is good fish. I eat only this traveling from there to here. Are you from here? Do you have the name of your homeland like I do?" Bribes and questions.

Photo courtesy of fatedsnowfox

<style>
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#cad5a5; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 {background-color:#584f26; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... ornbg2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_ThornRusso2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread