[p] the straight and narrow
[html]
(331) Emotional Rant Activated. Proceed to babble.

For a moment, the woman thought she heard the shuffling of something close by, and paused for a moment, an arrow still positioned to be shot. The sound ebbed away, and she released the arrow into the trunk of the tree. Must have been game, she mused in her mind as she reached over and took another arrow from her quiver and smoothly placed it onto the string and aimed for a moment, eyes on the spot under the arrow such had just fired.

Only a mere second before the arrow flew out of her hand, a voice suddenly sounded from the nearby bush. A very canine-like voice. She managed to lift the angle of her bow as a shape rolled out from the bushes, and had only barely managed to miss it. The order of the arrows on the tree was now crooked, but she did not even notice it as she rushed over through the thin slice of river and to the fuzzy shape. It was patterned light and dark, and what she could tell, it seemed to be a very young member of the Court.

"Are you okay? Did the arrow graze you anywhere? My gods, what are you doing out here, jumping out of bushes like that?" Her fussing questions spilled out of her mouth like the water of the brook. While she wanted to prod him and make sure that he was not hurt, she held herself back in case the boy would get terrified. After all, she was the one who had fired the arrow that almost hit him. A moment later, she began to wonder why he was doing out there alone, and soon addressed it sternly. "Where are your parents? Why are you out here?"

While she tried to appear serious for the sake of the situation, she was soon back to a worrying mess. "Oh gods, never to that to me again. I don't think my heart can handle it. What if...!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread