[p] the straight and narrow
[html]
Super cute avatar! :: 5+

Cowering like a baby I see...you’re so pathetic, the cutting words snarled out of the bushes at the defensively curled up pup. I thought you wanted to be a man? But here you are, tail tucked between your legs, and your nose in the mud. Why do I even bother hanging out with a loser like you? Ro’s words were like whips cutting into Hei’s skin. He could feel pure fury and indignation pulsing through his veins. Who was Ro to be throwing insults at him?! He who took all the blame for his countless pranks and mischief gone awry. The black and white Prince was getting fed up with Ro’s company, especially when he was made out to be the butt of every one of Ro’s jokes. Heiro grimaced in anger and embarrassment and was getting ready to defend himself against another barrage of Ro’s attacks when the sound of splashing water filled his ears, quickly followed by a feminine voice. Ro was all but forgotten as he cautiously picked his head up from between his paws and looked up at the strange woman with sapphire blue eyes.

She bombarded him with questions, but her eyes and face read of one thing, extreme concern. S’okay Missus, he assured her as he shakily rose to his two feet and brushed his fur off. Standing at almost 4 feet tall, it was clear the adolescent was still very young to be in his optime form. He had shifted well before his time and now refused to change back until he got a good grip on this new territory. He smiled candidly up at the woman, his biting anger fading away as the presence of a new person filled him with curiosity. Asked about his parents, he guiltily replied, Well...my Ma and Da don’ know bout me bein’ here, but I was just ‘splorin wid... Don’t you dare mention me! You know the rules Hei. A hateful hiss sounded off in his head. Wid...myself. Chased a bunny from da Court...das all, he explained in his most convincing and innocent voice he could muster. You’re not as helpless as I thought, Ro cooed, but Heiro ignored him and kept his eyes glued on the newcomer.

Missus! He quickly thought back to the lessons Niro had given him. No use tinking about da what ifs, he held out his hands now and slowly turned in a full circle. See, no ouchies on me. Sorry for ‘prising you like dat, his head bowed solemnly before he turned his attention to the arrows in the tree. Missus is a good shot huh? Heiro asked conversationally, hoping she wouldn’t fuss over him any further. Ay’m Heiro! What’s your name? It was clear the initial shock and fear was completely gone as he became completely absorbed in wanting to make a new friend.

<style type="text/css">
.HEIroCat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6e5cb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #224041; }
.HEIroCat p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.HEIroCat {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#99c2bb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QvZpn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #406768; padding: 315px 20px 10px 20px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#406768; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.HEIroCat p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.HEIroCat p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread