head is lighter than a feather
[html]

Haha, right back atcha! I am very tired and can't tell if this post makes sense or not. XD
WC: 553

Blue eyes hesitantly met forest green, finding a sad apology etched over the dog's countenance. Coli shuffled her feet, directing her gaze back to the grass. On one end of her spectrum, she was a stubborn defensive grump who brushed aside friendly gestures; at the other extreme, she was a cringing coward with no redeeming factors beneath it. Today she was particularly weak and vulnerable, and had apparently decided to be a pathetic craven to make up for it. She rather wanted to excuse herself and slink away with her bobtail between her legs, but she had nowhere else to be.

"It's not your fault," she said quickly, waving her hands in placation and feeling guilty for the awkwardness between them. "I, I'm easily startled, always have been. Ask anyone here. S-sorry again." Of course it wasn't his fault, although it was thoughtful of him to try and recompense. Fritz had not chosen his size and sex no more than he could have chosen the spots in his fur. It was always her fault, overreacting to the tiniest of perceptions and letting fear get the best of her. Even now she was intensely wary of him, her heartbeat fluttering so anxiously to know she was within arms reach. Her breaths came quick and shallow, nervously testing the air. His robust scent was powerful and masculine, although... there was another scent clinging to his, a softer perfume intertwined with the Vináttan pine needles. He did not live alone. Quietly she ignored the pang of foolish jealousy, the little part of her that was always keenly aware that she was an outsider that could not sustain a healthy relationship. This encounter was uncomfortable enough without shoveling more fuel on the fire.

He was kind enough to offer her a meal, an unexpected gesture of charity. "I can't ask that of you... and you can just call me Coli, it's shorter," Coli mumbled, the beginnings of a wry smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Was she so pathetic that she would beg for scraps from a man she just met? Even as a loner, she had more pride than that. Although she certainly couldn't deny that she was hungry... She had been unable to hunt for herself since her sickness had progressed, and the last time she had been full was at Eclipse's feast.

"And I've been here since the pack was founded, actually... that was in the springtime. Lilin Soulstorm is my half-sister, so she invited me. Or rather, Saul did, knowing we were sisters," she corrected. It wasn't important or interesting, but it was the best she could offer. Her social skills, as always, left a lot to be desired. She was trying, though. Fritz had a mate, one she had not seen around, and she wondered idly if the female sharing his home and scent really was settling in here. "You and your mate came here together, right? Where are you from?" It was a direct question, more direct than she preferred to ask, but also one vague enough to reply to safely. She fiddled with her claws, gradually calming down but still floundering at her attempts to establish some sort of rapport. How did Saul and Niernan do it, make friends wherever they went? Must be some Stormbringer thing...

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread