head is lighter than a feather
[html]

Fritz! Aug 1st, morning, near his/Selene's house? Smile
WC: 508

Coli hesitated, standing quietly near the earthen home. It was morning in Jordheim, tranquil with the songs of birds and rustling of other small wildlife around her. Yesterday there had been commotion, a building party working hard with the construction of their town hall. It was an ambitious project, but not one Coli could be particularly helpful with, so she had remained at home to stay out of their way. Today she assumed the work had been completed, and it was safe to venture out into the village without disturbing the carpenters or stumbling into a new packmate she had not met before. There were so many unfamiliar scents tracing through Jordheim, so many houses that were now claimed and being tidied up. Their close-knit family had become a large settlement in such a short time, and it made her feel oddly excluded.

She wanted to see Saul and Lilin, but at the same time... she didn't. They were mates now, living together as they had joyfully announced several nights ago. Coli had been completely surprised by the news; she knew Saul had been seeing someone, but neither her friend nor her sister had told her the truth. She knew it was a little unconventional, being cousins and all, but they could have confided in her... she felt a little left out, but more than that, ashamed she had not picked up on the signs sooner. Obviously they spent a lot of time together, but she naively assumed it was for their leadership duties and nothing else. She had been so lost in her own issues that she had been oblivious to something that monumental between her packmates. She should be a better Vináttan than that, take a more active role in the social side of everyone's shared lives. But today would not be that day, she concluded with a sigh as she turned away.

Instead the frail werewolf paused to rest, settling down on the ground with her back against a nearby hillock. Even the short walk from her home to Saul's had tired her, and she needed to catch her breath. She had never been particularly athletic, but this fatigue was ridiculous, especially since all of her wounds from the assault were fully healed. Every evening since the attack, her sleep had been fitful, broken frequently by the fear and subsequent nausea that sent her running out the door several times each night. Luckily she had no neighbors yet, so no one was aware of the sickness she was struggling with. Strangest of all, though, was that with barely any sleep or food, she seemed to be gaining weight. It was perplexing. Coli sighed again, running her fingers through her long mane as she brushed it back from her eyes. She was tired of keeping secrets. Maybe her malady was psychosomatic, and talking about it would purge the symptoms. Or maybe she was just dying, and there was no cure, and she should just get it over with. She was beyond caring at this point.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
OOC: Sorry about the wait. My muse has been a bit low recently Smile

IC: Fritz was worried about Selene and was trying to figure out a way to tell her about what Fang/Toby had done. But he found that he tried to and couldn’t stand to break her heart by telling her that her world of second chances had burst in the worse way possible. So he didn’t tell her why he had left Vinátta not long ago. He hated lying to her but this would be temporary until he could figure out how to tell her.

He left their house and sighed. He needed to do something to ease his frustrations. Yet his ears perked up slightly at the sound of a sigh though it was different from his. He looked around and saw a female that he was most concerned about, Colibri. There was something up with her but he wasn’t sure exactly what it was. It could have simply been from being attacked. He wasn't really sure.

So he approached her, gently clearing his throat to get her attention without startling her. "Hello. We haven’t met yet. I'm Fritz Ear, Risna here." He gave her a friendly smile, tail swishing behind him gently. "Are you doing OK?" He hoped that he wouldn’t get his head get bitten off for his worry.
[html]

Aww, no worries here! ;> Lol, she is just a little jumpy~
WC: 440

Weary and troubled, she let her mind wander, eyes fluttering closed for a brief moment. There came a soft noise nearby, a throat being cleared politely to alert her to another presence. Coli caught her breath in surprise as she turned and blinked, pale morning sunlight blotted out by a looming shadow. If she had not recognized the giant from the gathering of packmates that came to her in her hour of need, she would surely have fled in terror. As it was, the timid female felt her heart leap into her throat, shuddering involuntarily at the sight of the towering male. She was a small wolf, bitterly accustomed to others surpassing her size, but this had to be the single largest creature she had ever encountered. Blue eyes swept up his stalwart frame, musculature clearly visible beneath the thin harlequin coat. Warrior, her racing mind told her, unable to imagine him as anything else, just as she had seen Cassia Calidus the swordswoman. He is dangerous.

Clumsily she pushed herself upright from the grass, rising to her feet and fighting off a wave of dizziness from the effort. This is your packmate, pull yourself together, she chided herself internally, though there was a trembling in her fingertips she could not suppress. He could break her like a twig, and that was all she was before this behemoth. Dimly she perceived that he was introducing himself, body language friendly and calm. She licked her dry lips, trying to formulate a coherent response. "C, Coli, I'm Colibri... Haki. S-sorry," she apologized, stammering nervously. Her ears were tucked back with embarrassment at her own cowardice, and she stared down at her feet, stubbornly wrestling with her ingrained bias against his gender.

Colibri had a tendency to leave a bad first impression on everyone she met, like snarling at the sight of Lilin or flinching pitifully from Ezra. Still, this warrior, Fritz Earl as he called himself, could not possibly have a lower opinion of her now -- he had seen her at her lowest point already, and her display this morning could not be more pathetic than that. Vaguely comforted by this notion, Coli rubbed her clammy palms against her sides, trying to steady her erratic pulse. "N-nice to finally meet you, Fritz. I, I'm fine, just resting a little bit. Feeling a little faint, probably just hunger. Um, how has... Vinátta been treating you...?" she asked weakly, craning her neck to look at his gentle smile. They were packmates sworn to loyalty and hospitality, something she could not take lightly. He deserved more effort than she could muster right now.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]
OOC: Sorry about the blah post >.>

IC: She seemed a bit surprised by his appearance especially the fact that he was so big. He knew that his size startled a lot of people. But it was likely especially startling to someone like Colibri, who had been through so much. Fritz gave her an apologetic smile and even murmured a sorry. He truly didn’t mean to scare her and hoped that she would forgive him.

She introduced herself and confirmed that she was indeed Colibri. She then apologized and he was surprised. "You have nothing to apologize for, Miss Colibri. I should be the one apologizing for startling you. I didn’t frighten you much, did I?" His voice was worried that he had done something wrong and wanted to make it right.

Her excuse for not looking well was that she hadn’t been eating much. She didn’t look like she hadn’t been eating but she could have meant that she simply hadn’t eaten anything terribly recently. "Do you want something to eat? I can get something for you to eat, if you wish." Her question however made him grin slightly. "My mate and I have been settling in fairly well. Have you been here long, Miss?" His tone was polite and friendly still.
[html]

Haha, right back atcha! I am very tired and can't tell if this post makes sense or not. XD
WC: 553

Blue eyes hesitantly met forest green, finding a sad apology etched over the dog's countenance. Coli shuffled her feet, directing her gaze back to the grass. On one end of her spectrum, she was a stubborn defensive grump who brushed aside friendly gestures; at the other extreme, she was a cringing coward with no redeeming factors beneath it. Today she was particularly weak and vulnerable, and had apparently decided to be a pathetic craven to make up for it. She rather wanted to excuse herself and slink away with her bobtail between her legs, but she had nowhere else to be.

"It's not your fault," she said quickly, waving her hands in placation and feeling guilty for the awkwardness between them. "I, I'm easily startled, always have been. Ask anyone here. S-sorry again." Of course it wasn't his fault, although it was thoughtful of him to try and recompense. Fritz had not chosen his size and sex no more than he could have chosen the spots in his fur. It was always her fault, overreacting to the tiniest of perceptions and letting fear get the best of her. Even now she was intensely wary of him, her heartbeat fluttering so anxiously to know she was within arms reach. Her breaths came quick and shallow, nervously testing the air. His robust scent was powerful and masculine, although... there was another scent clinging to his, a softer perfume intertwined with the Vináttan pine needles. He did not live alone. Quietly she ignored the pang of foolish jealousy, the little part of her that was always keenly aware that she was an outsider that could not sustain a healthy relationship. This encounter was uncomfortable enough without shoveling more fuel on the fire.

He was kind enough to offer her a meal, an unexpected gesture of charity. "I can't ask that of you... and you can just call me Coli, it's shorter," Coli mumbled, the beginnings of a wry smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Was she so pathetic that she would beg for scraps from a man she just met? Even as a loner, she had more pride than that. Although she certainly couldn't deny that she was hungry... She had been unable to hunt for herself since her sickness had progressed, and the last time she had been full was at Eclipse's feast.

"And I've been here since the pack was founded, actually... that was in the springtime. Lilin Soulstorm is my half-sister, so she invited me. Or rather, Saul did, knowing we were sisters," she corrected. It wasn't important or interesting, but it was the best she could offer. Her social skills, as always, left a lot to be desired. She was trying, though. Fritz had a mate, one she had not seen around, and she wondered idly if the female sharing his home and scent really was settling in here. "You and your mate came here together, right? Where are you from?" It was a direct question, more direct than she preferred to ask, but also one vague enough to reply to safely. She fiddled with her claws, gradually calming down but still floundering at her attempts to establish some sort of rapport. How did Saul and Niernan do it, make friends wherever they went? Must be some Stormbringer thing...

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]