fell a thousand trees
OOC The data loss ate my post in the first building thread and my image hoster ate my table

A new morning had dawned as Sura's eyes peeked open at last. Usually in the mornings she struggled to drag herself out of bed. Even performing morning tasks like eating breakfast were tumultuous, as she had a habit of falling asleep on the table. One minute she'd be gazing bleary-eyed at her wake-up bacon, and the next she'd be sleeping on it. Heavens help her if breakfast happened to be runny eggs, stew, or porridge. Making her bed was equally exhausting, as one moment she'd be straightening the sheets and the next she'd find herself curled up snoozing in them, and have to start the process all over again.

This particular morning started out like any other, but upon hearing a commotion outside, she drug herself to her bedroom window to see. Instantly, she felt awake. Her breakfast was scarfed down as fast as her windpipe would allow. Her bed was made as fast as her paws could work, the dishes put into place so fast that her guardians wondered if she were trying to break them on purpose. And then with the swiftness of a gale-force wind, the door slammed shut behind her, leaving a trail of dust behind Sura's fast limbs propelling her forwards and onwards.

She watched from a safe distance. Now that they weren't "spoiling" meat by cooking it, and now that she wasn't so tired or grumpy, she felt confident she could lend her own paws in helping. First task was to hide all of the hammers. They were long objects with heavy devices on one end. If it fell, it could injure a paw! Sura would help everyone out by making sure no one hurt themselves.

She carried away all the hammers she could find, one by one, placing them under the shade of a dense mullberry bush. Sura hoped that the bush's heavy scent would mask that of the sweat and musk attached to each "hammer" that

[html]
Sura hides all the hammers she can find
[/html]

Messages In This Thread