[p] through the fog and mist
[html]
(321) I'm a slow loser. ; ;

The praise did not fall on deaf ears. The girl's tail wagged even faster at the positive critism, and briefly wondered if this was all the lesson was going to be. No, she thought--she knew Noah was going to teach her something she wouldn't otherwise know, something good. She was prepared for him to walk off again, perhaps a greater distance than the last, for her to follow, but she felt the rush of fur over her back, and she snuggled close to her uncle as he laid down once more. He wasn't her father, but he was the closest thing she had to a fatherly figure, now having the underlining discomfort for Taliesin since the last time she and her family visited the d'Artisan borders. So when his pride hit her, it was heart felt.

She perked up at his question. "It was easier," she answered immediately with gusto, and added jokingly, "It's nice to have Cody with me, but his squabbles can be distracting." While she felt this was enough to say, she decided that Noah would probably want more elaboration on her part. "It was easy to follow you because I could hear you and smell you. But I could--" She stressed that word, hoping to show that there was only the slimmest of possibilities "--have tripped on a stick or something, something that would be hard to sense, that Cody could warn me about. So it was kinda easy and kinda not."

She still wouldn't realize it, but she really appreciated her brother's care more than she was letting on. While she fully believed that she could help herself, Cody did aid her in ways she couldn't do herself, like the minor things and bigger things like holes and slight cliffs. But she wouldn't admit this easily, yet it was slightest obvious with the mention of the sticks that the twin did guide her from larger objects.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread