Frenemies
[html]

Word Count ? 310 :: Out of Character text

Roath finally sat down in front of her so she could start telling her story. The quiet man listened to her and she felt his eyes on her the whole time she spoke which made her feel nervous to be telling him. She just had to remind herself that he'd been a slave to that Amy woman and had gone through some of the same situations she had. That one fact made her feel a world better and open up to Roath. By the end of her story, the man didn't look angry anymore, more like an awkward sympathy as he reached out to touch her. She stayed still at his touch though he didn't appear to be comfortable reaching out to soothe her. But, she didn't want him to be sympathetic with her, she just wanted him to give her a chance so they could be friends. Her eyes narrowed she leaned forward at him snarling lightly. Just a remnant from her anger for the traffickers. Hey now. I told you cause I wanted you to give me a chance, instead of pushing me away constantly. No need for pity okay? She was on the brink of crying as she finished, but she not dare let a single tear fall.

The leopard woman sat back and propped herself up with her arms. Amethyst eyes gazed up through the trees as they lightly blew in the wind creating a soothing rustling sound and small whistles every now and then. It's okay now though. My dearest friend Kativa was with me through it all and we finally escaped. After that we traveled for a while, I learned how to read and write, to fight, to ride a horse. Now, I'm here and I have a pack to watch over me. It's a wonderful feeling knowing there is a family here to protect you. She wouldn't mention the parts in between where she basically prostituted herself off for alcohol and other valuable items and slept around for no good reason but for fun. That part of her was still there, no doubt, but she had no need to tap into it now.

Sidra had forgotten about the pack that was slung over her shoulder. Her ears perked when she remembered she had it with her and her hands immediately came to it bringing out her flask. A drink would be more than welcome right now. Tequila this time. She took a drink and it burned gratifyingly as she washed it down and took another swig right after. Then she looked to Roath and held out the flask. You're Aro's friend so you must've at least smoked before. Have you ever had a drink? It's wonderful. She pushed it at him again hoping he'd take some. Maybe he could forget about all the anger he had if he drank and they could actually get to know each other.

<style>
.TriAn25txt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LfFva.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:103px; height:52px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.TriAn25txt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.TriAn25txt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.TriAn25txt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.TriAn25txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.TriAn25txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.TriAn25txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread