Just Checking Up
[html]
Words-200

My fur was red before it was black, Jaden said with a grin. He found the look on Rio’s face quite amusing. Never thought you to be naturally white furred? at least she didn’t pretended she loved it. The bicolored wolf wondered vaguely what others who knew him as black would think of his pelt. No doubt she wouldn’t be the only one to prefer black.

When she looked to have gotten enough of his white fur, the woman continued on to answer his question. He hadn’t known the woman for a long time necessarily, but he did know her well enough to see the change in her expression and in the tone of her voice. She knew one or more of her group was trouble. Did she hope he didn’t know them? If that was the case then she was in luck. Neither name rang familiar in white-lined ears. But the male’s brow rose a bit questioningly. I don’t know them. But you know how to pick your friends… no one dangerous I hope?

An answer to his question wasn’t really expected if she found it none of his business. And if that was the case then he wouldn’t stretch the silence awkwardly. What sort of accommodations did you find here? He looked over to a rather broken down building across the way. It didn’t seem any of these would be fit for a home. If one of her companions could fix up a place then it might work out, or if she herself knew about repairing structures. There was still a lot about Rio he didn’t know past the few bits of sensitive information he had so that was possible too.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-lake74 b {font-weight:bold; color:#348781; }
.jaden-lake74 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0; margin:0px;}
.jaden-lake74 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#9fc9de; border:3px solid #000000; padding: 361px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:1.2em; color:#1589FF; line-height:1.3em; text-align:justify;background-image:url(http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/15/57/31/07/lake-l10.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.jaden-lake74 .text {border-top:3px solid #000000;}
.jaden-lake74 .pad {padding:15px}
.jaden-lake74 .ooc {font-style:italic;border-bottom:3px solid #000;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread