[m] sarcastic savior
[html]

Vesper is by Nat!

(332) This post is like the end of an episode where they beat the bad guy and everyone laughs together. :| We can wrap up whenever you want.

When her dusky friend grinned devilishly, despite the blood staining his teeth, Vesper knew that everything would be okay. She managed to keep from getting sentimental when the Hydra slung a muscular arm around her shoulders, mainly because the affection made her scowl bad-temperedly for show. She leaned very slightly back against the solidity of his body, though, if only for a bit of support. She was tired, physically and emotionally.

Helotes made a remark about future fights then asked a question; his face might have curdled milk as he looked suspiciously in the collie’s direction. Immediately, Asher flinched away and had the vulnerable look she’d seen in his eyes once before, shortly before his departure the last time he’d saved her life. She made a fast gesture that told the thin man to stay, however, and answered the Lykoi warrior.

“This is Asher,” Vesper said with little inflection. “I guess he was stupid enough to bother the poachers in the first place, but I was kind of obligated to save his pansy ass.” A smirk betrayed her good humor as she admitted, “He saved mine before. Say what you will about his combat ability, but the kid’s a master with a bow and arrows.”

The outright praise caused the coydog’s tail to begin wagging, an absolutely brilliant smile crawling across his deceptively young features. It was embarrassing, but she felt the makings of the warm fuzzies and knew she’d accepted the guy their last meeting. Her smirk growing wicked, she looked at Helotes and said bluntly, “I think he’d be good for Inferni. You’d have to toughen him up, though; I don’t have the patience for him.”

“Wh—really?” Asher’s jaw slackened, but his tail had gone even faster than she’d believed was possible. It was plain to see what Asher thought of having a home—and the appraising glance he threw Helotes made it plain to see what he thought of spending time with the handsome, muscular Hydra. Vesper grinned.

<style>
.vesNat {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.vesNat p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.vesNat p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesNat .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.vesNat .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.vesNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.vesNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread