[p] and his eyes were as a flame
[html]

(307) Vague PP in assuming she bobbed back to the surface? I MEAN SHE CAN'T BREATHE UNDERWATER. XD Let me know if needs edits.

Ithiel is by me!

The huff from behind the grass caused him to perk a little more upright. He was in shallow enough water that he could stand comfortably, though the water was still several inches above his navel. A voice spoke greeting and his name, and he recognized it, momentarily confused as to how he might encounter Alma so far from Inferni. She came out of cover with a motion of her hand, revealing her hiding place as she swept the grasses aside. She explained, however, just how they might meet, and Ithiel was struggling for something to say -- out of generally being flustered at being caught at apparent laziness, at seeing Alma, at the oddness of her greeting -- when she sprang forward and entered the water with a rather large splash.

The dusky coyote was already soaked rather thoroughly, but he hadn't been expecting the splash, and the resulting wave of her entry knocked him off balance after his initial surprise. He lost his balance and slid backward, though he was quick to paddle his arms and right himself again, floating closer to her as she surfaced from beneath the water. Her bright sunlight-colored hair was soaked along with the rest of her, but Ithiel was almost grinning. You're in the wrong tier, he remarked, the smile fading into an expression of vague thoughtfulness. One so proficient at tracking down her prey should be a scout of the Lumen. He hesitated, and then swam closer, circling around her once before he came before her, stretching his toes to stand against the bottom.

I could teach you scouting. A pause. And how to be quiet when hiding out. The smile returned, though not as fierce as it had been. He was glad to see her, regardless, and could not imagine being disappointed with the sight of her.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread