[m] i hope i don't upset the light you defend
[html]

(534)

Myrika is by me!

Even as a dreamy teenager, the tawny-furred coyote had not considered that she'd ever actually end up with anyone. A pariah in youth and, in truth, all until she'd ever even come to Inferni, Myrika had naturally assumed she was doomed to a lifetime of loneliness and unrequited crushes, snatches of meaningless physical interaction where she could find a partner willing enough to look past obvious physical defect and awkwardness of personality to at least give her a little time to forget all of the above. Though Myrika had never put much thought into what she wanted out of a relationship, or what she would look for, she thought Vesper was that thing she'd never considered before.

There was a fierceness and independence to the scarred woman Myrika loved, and while she thought perhaps she did not understand the whole of Vesper, there was time enough for that. If everyone waited until they knew every inch of a person before loving them, love would never happen. Maybe this was the thing to make her forget about her lost piece of this larger family and immerse herself with starting her own? Maybe Kaena was right and it was stability she needed before procreating. That thought, in particular, still made something inside her shrivel, and she did not want any such distractions in this moment. Thankfully, the closeness and touching was enough to bring her mind to a happy blankness, happily ignorant of past and future both.

When their closeness was broken and Vesper spoke, some vague part of Myrika wanted to protest, but she only smiled and reached out to touch the half-chewed ear. Vesper, too, was beautiful, but perhaps her protest would be even stronger than the one part of Myrika wanted to give. She dipped her head to receive the necklace and glanced downward at it, admiring the fine workmanship and the wildness of the horse there. Thank you, she could only just squeak. It seemed the power of speech was only half-returned to her, and she still felt addle-brained from their closeness. It's lovely. You're lovely. She wanted to add that the whole world was lovely, too, but even in this moment she knew that wasn't true.

I'll go anywhere with you, she managed to add in response to the question. She felt, for once in her life, as if she did not possess the right words at all for how she felt, and it was a foolish sort of feeling, to be unable to express herself. It was usually easy for Myrika to express her thoughts, albeit the social aspect of the whole thing made it more harrowing than if she'd just been speaking to a rock or a horse. I can't... I mean, my words, she said, stumbling over what she wanted to say. They're not enough, she finished, wondering if she was supposed to tell Vesper she loved her now, or later, or at all? That was such a momentous thing to say, and what if Vesper did not reciprocate her feelings? It seemed apparent enough, but even with clear hints the redhead inwardly fretted.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread