A Change of Plans
[html]
(761)

While she had entered calmly, mingling in with the rest of her packmates, her mind was racing a million thoughts a minute. She was sought out by Jazper what seemed to be only seconds ago, though reflecting back on it, she realized that more time had actually passed since he brought up the news. The woman was returning to the courthouse after a hunt, bringing home the usual haul of rabbit and fowl, when she was approached by the Sole. She could just tell by his demeanor that something was up, but it didn't seem that the thing was bad, so it had confused her at first.

They had chatted for a bit, mostly their usual conversation though it was partly strained on the man's part. Then, the question was suddenly brought up, and it took her a moment to comprehend what he had said. For a moment, she even considered that perhaps she had misheard him. But, she doubted anyone would interpret the direct question: if she would step up to take the place as Luna. After the initial shock had died down, she could not help but meekly smile at the man, and nearly laughed her agreement, which she quickly cut off by coughing, and had then tried to make it sound more formal.

It had seemed that her emotional response had lifted whatever weighed Jazper, and they two shared a few chuckles and smiles, and the rest from then on was a complete blur. She vaguely remembered shifting through her clothing for something to wear, and nearly tearing out her mane when she could not come up with some design to put it in. But, the attempts were quickly dropped on Macbeth's suggestion, and decided to go as she was, which was how she usually looked all the time. It was strange for her to concerned how well groomed she was, but she tried to swallow whatever worry she had.

She lifted her head as she heard the call from upstairs, but did not quickly answer it like she typically would. For starters, she didn't want to be the first to arrive and to stand around awkwardly as the rest of the pack would come, and would rather come in with a few others already present. Also, she felt a little sentimental as she stood in her room, knowing it would probably be the last night she would be in it until she moved to the second floor where Annan used to sleep. After a couple of minutes of arranging the few items she had that she already had grouped together, including the magpie's nest, and otherwise buying some time, she made her way to the main room and stood among her friends.

She noticed Jazper's smile, and she flashed back a shy one, and kept her eyes down as she mulled over what was happening. It was not until she heard her name be called did she look up, and kept her eyes on the Sole, too nervous to meet anyone's gaze as he announced that she would be their new Luna. She silently stepped up as the man motioned that it was her time to come up, and faced the gathered crowd by his side once she reached him. Something clicked within her as she was prompted to speak, and she nodded confidently despite her fluttering heart.

"During my time in Casa di Cavalieri, I have met many of you, and over this time I have come to realize what a wonderful pack this was." With a pause, she added with her trademark grin, "Not that there was any doubt. But, on many occasions many of you have shown quality and worth beyond the people I have met outside of these borders, and every day I remember how blessed I am by the gods to be surrounded by everyone that is in this room.

"I could not think of anything more honorable than to be given this position, and I hope that I will be able to bring justice to what we stand for. I promise to lead this pack to the best of my ability alongside Jazper, and together, we as one pack, one family, shall prosper." With that, she gave a respectful bow to everyone in the room, and sighed a breath of relief that could only be heard by the man beside her. But, she managed to come back up with a smile upon her face, and looked out in the crowd with a certainty that she felt on the inside as well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread