The Nomad Finds Family
Her expression changed as she thought over what he offered. He quickly saw that she was worried that his skill would be dangerous to her and her family. However she quickly forgot a very major Lambda skill practice...

Deception.

If he had wanted to manipulate the Family, why would he tell her his greatest skill? She would surely look out for it. No. He had no real plans to manipulate any one in his own Family. He had no desire really to cause any harm to anyone other than who he was told to. His primary concern was his brother, and his allegiance, without being manipulated himself. His whole reason for being here was Family. So why would he destroy the very foundation of the Nomad existence?

He longed to topple other tribes. He longed to manipulate others who weren't his own. He was perhaps less ambitious than his other brother even though he had stayed with the Lambdas a bit longer and was perhaps more skilled. Would his brother note this he wondered silently as X'yrin began to speak again. As she made her concern clear, and her decision made, X'uri would hope to calm her down with his persuasive demeanor, not to disarm her, but rather to calm her worries. Lambda's were good at calming a crowd.

"Dearest Shepard, please let it be known, if I wanted to blood over the others, I wouldn't tell the Issor of the pack my strongest skill. That would be an egregious error on my part. I tell you so that you may utilize those skills in the best way possible. I'm here for my brother and for Family. I would not easily betray the foundation of my purpose. Like in any Family, a bond of trust is a base. I trust you Exultare, I only hope that you may one day trust me."

With a bow to X'yrin, he had officially joined Sangi'lak, his new home. He quickly went forward to join his brother with his words undoubtedly in the mind of the Issor. How quickly he would acclimate to his new Family was based on how well he could be of use to the pack. He hoped to demonstrate those skills soon to his new Family.

Messages In This Thread