the mind is like a tomb
[html]

Skye's voice was quiet and she urged the Maven to forget her worries. However, Hotaru just shook her head. Although she had never been an alpha or lead a pack, Hotaru was sure that Skye was under a lot of pressure. How could she not be? Especially with all that had happened. Eclipse gave birth prematurely, loosing every pup she had. Shawchert had left the pack after the murder of a puppy. Jace had attacked her own pups just before giving birth. To top it all off, the pack was growing to a prodigious size and it all rested on the female's shoulders. "Skye, as your subordinate I follow your leadership and respect your judgements. But as your friend, I worry for you. You are under a lot of stress and there has been perhaps too much drama inside the pack. You deserve to be happy and have some a few hours to rest and relax. If there are any troubles you wish to get off your chest, I would be more than happy to listen. It is the least I could do to repay your kindness."

The conversation turned to puppies and the grey mother couldn't help but smile. Her thoughts turned to Aiden and Aysun. She had to get back to them soon. It was hard to leave their sides for even the most minor of tasks. Her heart clenched and longed for them, but Hotaru knew she should be supportive of Skye. "Yes, puppies are a wonderful sign. What of your own? I'm curious as to what they look like."

Without her eyesight, Hotaru had to rely on other's for a description of her world. She missed the colors and shapes, the simple shades of a leaf or colors of one's fur. She could only see them when her eyes were clothes and she was in the throws of sleep. Even then, the colors of her dreams could never compare to the real thing.

<style/type="text/css">
.koha {margin: auto; padding:5px; padding-top:200px; width:488px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top:none; background:url(http://oi50.tinypic.com/nqtohh.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#bc9b7b; color:#25567b; text-align:justify;}
.koha p {text-indent:50px;}
.koha b {font-weight:normal; color:#033e6b;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread