the mind is like a tomb
[html]

At last, Skye opened up her thoughts and worries to Hotaru. The simple act of trust greatly honored the blind female and she listened diligently as her leader spoke. To be treated like a confidant and allowed to hear the worries of her alpha and friend made Hotaru feel like she was really part of the pack. For the past few months, the Maven had been working hard to make sure that she knew everyone in the pack and could be an active member of d'Arte. But hearing Skye's words, hearing her concerns brought about a sense of wholeness that Hotaru hadn't felt in a long time. It was like listening to her mother speak, and offering comfort by just being there.

"Do not exclude yourself in that equation. It is thanks to you that d'Arte has survived, and it is thanks to your leadership that the pack has remained strong. Myself and many others, owe you a debt of gratitude." Although it wasn't Skye that had allowed Hotaru to enter the pack, the female leader had been patient enough to put up with all of her stunts. Hotaru had spent a long time being bitter and angry at the world. She had done a few things that many would frown upon, yet Skye never scolded her or abandoned her like Cain had. The leader had been patient, and Hotaru would never forget Skye's kindness towards her when she needed it most.

The new mother listened enthusiastically as the pups were described. Hotaru could guess who the father was, especially by the description of the pups. They sounded like a blend of both parents, and were a union of two packs. Smiling, she said, "They sound like they are beautiful. I hope that they live to see more moons than you or I."

<style/type="text/css">
.koha {margin: auto; padding:5px; padding-top:200px; width:488px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top:none; background:url(http://oi50.tinypic.com/nqtohh.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#bc9b7b; color:#25567b; text-align:justify;}
.koha p {text-indent:50px;}
.koha b {font-weight:normal; color:#033e6b;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread