Start the Machine
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Indeed an owl would have better suited the occasion to provided pleasantry and pomp to the meeting should it begin, but upon its commencing, it was not the glorious eye of the owl's she wanted. The cold, searching, calculating stare of the vulture was what she needed. To pick the weakness of the prey and deem it ripe for unraveling. Though it was not her initial desire to complicate, or negatively conduct the conversation, she did want to know what weaknesses were there to be revealed. Perhaps a lack of something the Nomads could provide to cement a beneficial relationship between the two. Or a point of attack should all go south. As she had learned with the western neighbors, not all encounters were bound to go well. Another option was needed, should it become necessary.

But this, she need no say as she turned with purposeful care to look at her companion. The steely talons of the vulture dug into her shoulder but still she ignored the bird in favor of the metaphor in lupine form. Surely her look was enough to convey it all, taken with the eyes of a Shepard of authority, speaking with words that his eyes alone could receive. And then a piercing screech tore her gaze away to the sky were a dark bird claimed the area overhead. Vast wings spanned as the scavenger unfurled with blatant irritability for the atrocious noise of the creature, but made no move to lift from his perch. His wings instead retracted, and head lowered as he peered ahead as the sounds of steps approached and in his fiery sights was an ocher hue.

Amber eyes had spotted the movement as well but did not avert in the face of the other displaying boldly her rank with so subtle a gesture. But it was in etiquette that the Nomad dipped her head then righted herself whilst advancing a step forward. "Goodday to you," she greeted softly, choosing formality over immediately answering the inquiry. "I am X'yrin, a Nomad and Issor of Sangi'lak. I am accompanied by my Family...X'ies of the Nomad's Lambda family. We have come to speak with your leader to establish a trade route with your pack, should he be willing to listen. Might we speak with Alaki?"

383 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;