Start the Machine
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The evidence of her disconnect from the time of Ichika’s disbandment was becoming more apparent with encounters such as these. As times changed, undoubtedly the conditions of what she knew would change with it, but it was disheartening to see this change first hand. The Nomad had nothing against this newly claimed leader of Anathema, but the apprehension of this change of power was evident by the knot of her brows.

She would have to begin relations again, it looked like. Without the familiarity between herself and Alaki acting as the blueprint for a bond to form, she was left restarting from scratch with something new. And as her eyes scanned the posture of the female, already asserting the air of dominance, it was unlikely it would go smoothly without effort. However, there was no sense to take the encounter pessimistically. New faces tended to lead to new possibilities…and opportunities.

As a show of humility, the Issor replaced her own dominant air with one of ease, slouching a bit as her body fell into a more relaxed state reflected on her companion as well. The hard eye of the bearded vulture turned from the crow to settle on his golden handler, favoring one of his feathers woven into her mane. It was a show of pride that his glossy plumage still hung fast. And raising a gentle claw to his chin, the wolf teased it lightly, affectionately. “If Alaki does not stand as the leader of Anathema…” X’yrin spoke softly, “…then my business if not with him. You stand as its leader… then I will address you. But please…do not assume we have nothing to offer when I have yet to tell you what we keep.” Smiling, she lifted her gaze to the woman’s crow and inched her finger in a little wave. “Your companion is pretty…are you able to speak to it? And it to you?”

Seemingly a diversion from the topic it hand, but instead a means to create a commonality between the two. Act upon the similarities rather than focus on the differences.

343 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;