Start the Machine
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The golden eyes of the vulture appeared that much brighter as if it understood the words of the ocher coyote. However the truth of the matter was far from that. His understanding on the lupine tongue was terribly unrefined, but what he could grasp was certainly not as complex as the ideals of protection and denial. Though what he lacked in recognizing the words of his handler’s tongue, he could make up for with his honed sensitivity to what lived around him. More so, the living perch he stood upon and the fine bristling of her fur at the other female’s words. He would look to her face and admire her eyes lowered to half-mast as she garnished the bearded bird with her affection. But it was a rouse, a misdirection. A shroud to hide the true disappointment for this leader and her decision.

Obviously these efforts were wasted, but there was something she learned from the all too brief engagement. This female was not yet sure of herself if she believed Anathema could not accommodate one, perhaps two members of her own pack to share trade goods or perhaps information. Another note that further bothered the female wolf was the subtle inclination of the uses of her cherished crows. Assets… a strong word for a small yet captivating creature. What could they learn from these birds that they could not from each other, unless in all likelihood it was their ability to soar and repeat what they saw. Eyes in the sky, the Evan’ule would say; their kind calling for ‘spies’. To this, the Nomad’s lips drew further back in a smile, but eyes never strayed from the groomed golden chest of her companion.

The bird danced anxiously on her shoulder, digging his talons deeper in as his handler continued along her line of silence, deep in thought as to how to proceed. But when she did turn from him, his eyes too turned to the female and her crow, his gaze again locking into the glossy black feathers whilst his own began their stretch away from his body. “Well…that is unfortunate.” Her ears perked up then. “That you must protect the pack rather than trade, I mean. Not the use of your companions. Though I must warn you, should your crows find their way over our skies, please attach something to them to show their intentions.” She raised a claw and tapped the vulture’s beak endearingly. “My friend here gets restless and tends to let his claws bring him amusement. I would hate for him to accidently harm one of your pack’s companions within our land. But I shan’t keep you from your duties…”

With smile in place, the Nomad politely dipped her head. “Thank you for your time Aeron of Anathema. Our custom is never to say good bye, but simple ‘We will meet again’. Should the Ancestors will it, perhaps it will be when your lands and people are more readily available to exchange. Goodday.” As she turned, she gently tapped the Lambda’s arm, giving him silent permission for his last assessment. Afterall, they not only came to offer a route of trade but to learn. Even though her part of the mission had failed, there was no reason for his to as well.

[exit X'yrin]

548 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;