For the One
[html]

out of character here

Somehow, even though Moss didn't know Terra very well and had only spent a short time with the pups, all of this felt right. The laughter that filled the air was a magical sound, one that he would love to hear again and again. One that he would never grow tired of. His own laughed chimed in with her, a much bolder sound, but still full of the joy hers entailed. Terra seemed to accept his offer to read to the puppies once he learned how to not be clumsy and foolish as he read. Soon, Adonia would be giving him lessons. He looked at her and gave her the biggest grin he had in his arsenal already picturing the four of them settling down for bedtime and him reading to the pups. It was a hasty fantasy which he didn't think would play out the way it did in his mind. Moss was always prone to attachments with anyone he came in contact with, whether they were canine or something else.

The next set of actions and words had Moss feeling like an outsider. Terra spoke to him matter-of-factly that of course the pups would like his gifts. She left his side to lay in between them as if to create a barrier between her, the pups, and him. His head tilted and ears flicked back for a moment as the tinge of discontent struck him. Her actions brought him back to the real world from the fantasies that played in his head. She was not his mate, and they were not his pups. He was simply here to help them out, nothing more. Moss lowered his head submissively not wanting to feel imposing to the beautiful reddish woman and her children. Her children. Maybe he had been getting much to involved with them, forgetting who he was in this group. He was an outsider and should behave like so. Moss caught on quickly and his smile faded, an awkward air grabbing hold of him sinking into the pit of his stomach. Maybe he should leave. Moss stood and rubbed the back of his neck looking at the pups as they played then back to Terra. Well, I just wanted to give you and them those gifts. I really am glad they like them. I thought it might make your job a little less tiresome if they had something to focus on.

#00+

<style type="text/css">
.chpmnk-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f1b34; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.chpmnk-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.chpmnk-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #9f1b34; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.chpmnk-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.chpmnk-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#bda684; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K6ITI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #47494e; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#47494e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread