[aw] crawling back to you
[html]

Trent himself was trying to deal with the change of leadership, too. He didn't really know this Silvano guy, really, so he supposed that it didn't impact him much. Well, unless the new guy turned out to be a horrible saddist anyway. Trent doubted it, though, since Vigilante (whom he'd never met in person as of yet) was still there, too. "I was thinking of visiting Strelein," said Trent, and he looked at Alder to see if he was close to the man at all. "I mean, 'cause it sounded like he could use, err... Well, something." He was going to say 'a friend', but Alder's cool attitude hadn't gone unnoticed to Trent. He hadn't exactly been a friend to Alder... So to say he'd go over to someone else that he didn't even really know much at all to be a good friend might've been hurtful.

Trent scratched the back of his head as Alder returned the question, not really sure what to answer. Trent hadn't been very happy at all over the summer, slouching into apathy and avoiding most wolves -- not just Alder -- but etiquette appealed him to not tell Alder all about that, didn't it? He honestly was at a loss for words, but neither did he just want to say 'fine, really' and let an awkward silence settle between them. Alder deserved at least a little bit more honest than his usual awkward lies.

"Stuck to myself mostly, I guess." Not really by choice -- well, it wasn't like anyone had forced him or anything, but... Trent really wished it had gone differently, now -- and Trent hoped that it would make Alder feel a little better about Trent not seeing his pony for so long. He had to be angry, taking care of the bloody animal all the time and getting nothing in return; at least, nothing but a pony. Not any friendship or gratefulness from Trent. But hey, at least he was still here, right? Trent wiped some hairs out of his face again and looked at the ground. The pony still stood by Alder's side, hoping for more apples. "Err, if I do visit Strelein, it's normal to bring something like a gift, isn't it? Do you think he'd like the company?" It was a little shameful that his own social inaptness was all Trent could talk about. He just didn't want Strelein, fallen or not as a leader and thus not quite so influential anymore, to think he was a complete idiot. Trent hadn't done a lot of visiting to people in his old, wolfier life. He liked the novelty of his optime form a lot, and had grown into it better over time, but he still lacked in mannerisms a lot.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread