[aw] crawling back to you
[html]

As he grew the leaders in his life had always been such strong and unmoving figures. Growing up with the matriarchs of Crimson Dreams above him had shown him that females were far from a weak entity. Then with the King to call alpha Alder had been given the father figure that he had needed all his life. To know that Savina had chosen not to lead and to leave, giving his mother full weight of the pack to rest on her shoulders had that could not be expected from an aging wolf… and now with the grand disappointment and Strelein had become, Alder was finding little forgiveness to expel for those that had fallen from grace. He wasn’t even sure how much room for acclimation he possessed for the new leader that had spoken with such assertion.

They walked side by side, and Trent’s words made the Marshal think beyond just the black and white of the fall of the once-Dauphin and into the gray. But how did any of us know he was failing? I can only help someone if they ask for it. His rank was not among the Cavalry so no, Alder paused, looking ahead rather then at the other male. So it was the pack’s fault for not seeing the signs that had led to this? Alder had not seen anything, he lived and breathed his duty and he assumed that others did the same thing, if they chose to take on that commitment.

I didn’t know him well, and I don’t know if any of us could have stopped what happened. I don’t know what it’s like to be a leader, so I cant judge him for that. But I do know what it is like to be responsible to others… Alder looked over the male then, and wondered what he had taken on as a member of the pack. He huffed and frowned, now sadder then anything else. I would not accept a gift if I lost my rank, but I would need company. They had reached the gate once he spoke those words, and he turned to face the other male. Looking sullen, Are you his friend?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread