[aw] crawling back to you
[html]

That was true, Silvano obvious knew that Strelein was in need and had he done anything? Alder would likely never know, and the statement went unanswered. The topic was weighing on the normally lighthearted and yet cautious wolf. The turn of attitude he held towards Trent was not settling with him well either. Trent had once been someone Alder had striven to befriend, and now that Trent had not put out that effort there was something else building in him. Alder ignored it, focusing on the topic at hand and figuring that it was this that caused him to feel so very sour. The demoted and the promoted had brought instability to him and he did not know where to place his trust.

What Trent spoke was not fully directed at Alder, but he felt as if it was. Alder hadn’t done anything wrong, and he had never treated anyone poorly. His mind grew dark, almost in the same way as it had when he had confronted his brother at the time of the AniWaya war with Crimson Dreams. But the Marshal knew better, and looked only to the gate, opening it and releasing the pony into the pasture. Trent still seemed incapable of caring for the mare…

Once it was closed there was a release of the building tension, though it only trickled and bleed from a new crack. Trent had only met him once… He was placed as a Serf, and we were giving direct orders not to treat him poorly. I have no intention of going against what was asked of me. I did not kick him. If it is your hope to caudle him then do so. But do not expect him to be grateful, he may just forget you. It was with that the crack turned into a hole and the hole a gaping gushing wound. Alder turned away from the gate, ashamed by his wayward emotions, and headed from which they had come.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread