[aw] crawling back to you
[html]

Damn it, why was this all so hard? Trent didn't really want to upset Alder, but it seemed that with every passing moment, he managed to do so further and further. Neither did he really want to argue about Strelein, someone he didn't even know, for goodness' sake, but was still busily defending the honour of. The coywolf glanced out towards the pasture as they reached the fence, watching as Pony was released into the pasture. He was so lucky to have Alder here, taking care of her, but every attempt at trying to make up to him seemed completely in vain. Well, social skills had never been Trent's strongest point.

Alder sounded even more upset when he spoke again, the gate closed and Pony out in the pastures, hunting for the greenest grass there. Trent felt angry and wronged, but he had never been very good at dealing with emotions like those, and so he remained quiet, at first, after Alder told him how he felt very clearly.

Trent stroked some hairs out of his face, gaze averted in automatic submission while he searched for the words to say. Talking about Strelein more seemed useless, even though Trent had only started on it not only because he actually meant to visit Strelein, but also to show Alder another side of him. He'd wanted to say 'look, I can be sympathetic to others and try to help them', and 'look, I'm useful for the pack', and so many other things in hopes to win back Alder's friendship, but his plan seemed stupid now. All it had done was made Alder upset, because he didn't feel the same about giving Strelein a second chance, or so Trent thought.

"Look, I..." He swallowed, not really sure what he was going to tell Alder. His gaze was still averted. "I'm sorry if you think that he doesn't deserve that I go and try to cheer him up a little, or err, something..." Trent stayed a little more behind Alder now, something he didn't consciously realise, instead of next to him as before. "I just..." The sentence wasn't finished, because Trent didn't really know what to say, and he hadn't a clue what Alder wanted to hear (which was always the trouble with trying to say what others wanted to hear... it could backfire so awfully on you). He sighed lightly, scratching at the fur on his legs to keep himself from fumbling his hands together stupidly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread