[m] perfection will not come
[html]
I blanked when I saw your huge post so I had to wait a bit before I could handle it 8D;

The former Dauphin gave a snort of derision, knowing that the pack had never had a problem with his drinking so long as his work was unaffected. But when he started to flounder under the weight of his memories and lack of close friends to disclose all his heart's faults to, the pack, the Court, he had served for so long and loved so much, turned its back on him. He did not reach out to anyone, knowing that it was futile to even try. They would not be able to salvage the wreck that was his soul and he was living with the knowledge that time was running out. And he was content to let the sand fall from the crack in his hourglass.

"I bet they did," he said softly as he eyed the man. The suggestion of wine was taken with hesitancy, as the other clearly struggled to give an answer. Strelein would have been happy to put away the vintage if the other had said no, but as he had accepted, the gracious host would deliver. He pulled out the cork of the bottle, tossing it aside like a rag. He handed the bottle to the man. Lavender eyes sought the walls, familiar yet so distant. Once upon a time he had been a silly young man who befriended an artist and helped her to pretty up his walls. His poor doodles were a mockery of her skill, but the two of them had been happy to do it. Strel missed Mati, wishing his closest friend had not left the lands to be with her mate's family. The closest thing he had left to Mati was the wall and the memories of Silvano. That man had overthrown him, so why would he go crawling to him? He would not.

"I wasn't born here," he said, unsure of what to say now that he had a willing ear to listen to him. Strel sat beside the other man with a distant look in his eyes. "I came here young, years ago. Naive, stupid." He was brutal. Whoever that young wolf had been, he was no longer here. Where had he gone with his stupid optimism and his bright future? To nowhere. "I've done my share of sleeping around and I'm sure I've done plenty of stupid stuff while drinking." Not that he could remember them, nor did he think he would have liked to know half the things he had gotten up to. What if he had slept with a woman? Then what?

"My mate left me." For his sister, to go back to his tribe, that he had left and made a point of informing why he was leaving. Noss was the son of a chief and it seemed he had left to claim that right after realizing that Strelein was beyond not worth such a sacrifice. "I don't know what happened but I was not good enough for him."

<style>
.starsky .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:60px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread