Greet the Evening
[html]
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1467/valtable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #486c49;">

The news that there were few craftsmen both saddened Valtiere and made him feel hopeful. Trading knowledge, skills, and materials were vital to his sort, if he was to continue to maintain and hone his skills. On the other hand, it meant that there wouldn't be too much competition, and that he was less likely to get lost in the shuffle of things. His contributions could actually mean something here.

Valtiere placed a fist against the palm of his other hand in front of him, bowing where he sat with a graceful, ceremonious motion. "I would be honored," he said, raising his eyes to meet Jaden's for a moment before glancing away in deference. "I've been on my own for a long time. It's high time I had a family again... I will do everything in my power to serve you well."

An odd mix of emotions churned within him, and for the moment, he decided not to bother trying to make sense of them. There was joy, and hope, at being a part of something once more. There was apprehension, both the nerves of being a newcomer in a new place and at the Issum's mention that most of us are warriors in training. There was determination, to prove himself to this shadow-and-snow brute before him, and more emotions that he couldn't quite pin down. There was one thing to be said for travelling alone, and that was that it was emotionally predictable. Peace and quiet, with the occasional bouts of loneliness or awe at a stunning vista, the simple joys of hunting and traveling. This long-absent swirl of feelings was almost like frisson, by comparison. Nomad warriors are different than those you were raised with, he reminded himself. The care about their family, and respect others... there's nothing to worry about.

Preparing to rise to his feet, he looked back to Jaden. "Is there anything else I should know right now?" he asked, wondering if the Issum would give him a run-down of his duties and the general ropes of the pack, or if he'd be expected to pick them up on his own.

OOC: Thanks! And no rush :3
Word Count: 356
Form: Optime
Walk "Talk!" Think

[/html]

Messages In This Thread