Son of a Gun
Sorry about the wait but I'll probably only reply on weekends/rare days in the week now.

IC-

The other man, Edgar as it had become known, was only using the little notepad to communicate. The german shepherd read the note and to his surprise found that the other dog was in fact deaf. He'd never talked to a deaf person before. Curiously he gave another sniff to the male's scent, as if it would smell strange, and inspected his body again. Other than the notepad and his writing there was nothing that the male seemed to not have that Toby did. In fact, Edgar was normal other than his communication skills.

Raising a brow slightly, Toby nodded a bit and looked to the bird and the notepad and the canine's face. Did this mean he'd have to write out replies to the dog? Mya, his adopted sister, and their mother had taught him how to write long ago but with lack of using the skill his hand writing had become sloppy and hard to read. He could read things just fine since that talent was used more frequently, but writing things was a totally different ball game.

Awkwardly, and with quite a confused look on his face, he held his hand out for the notepad and uttered, "May I?" Whether the dog allowed him or not was completely up to Edgar, but Toby would attempt to write a reply if he was allowed to. Sloppily, with the dog's acceptance, the german shepherd would have scripted down. "Toby. I never met a deaf dog."

Messages In This Thread