we wait to reap what we are due
[html]
lol I know that feeling!

Frustrated with herself, Vesper paused and let the scent of the lands behind wash over her with a breath of wind. She knew that there were better, more diplomatic ways of getting her answers, and perhaps if she’d changed her approach she would have gotten them with a certainty. Then again, it was hard to be polite when you were tired and paranoid and all the other excuses she could come up with. Standing there, she didn’t feel like a subleader of a prominent pack, only an annoyed individual searching for answers that she’d never get.

The smell grew stronger when she inhaled after her sigh, its woody and elky scent supplemented with livestock and—Lykoi? Blue eyes widened, and she swung around to see a pair of canines heading toward her through the field: a red-pied collie mix in the front and a little puppy trotting at her heels.

She stared critically at the child, her ear flicking back. There—a splash of red plain as day on its face left no room for speculation; nor did the eyes beginning to change to that distinct gold. The dark color, one that reminded her of Helotes, only added to the effect. She shook her head briefly in wonderment, deciding that Jacinto hadn’t been lying about begetting a child, at least, before her attention flicked up to the silver eyes of the child’s mother.

“Hello,” Vesper said warily, and she had to fight to keep her eyes from narrowing just that fraction. I remember you, they said, as her mind gladly offered up the echo of insults and warnings regarding her so-called wasteful existence. She frowned. I remember you, and I do not like you.

<style>
.veswd p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.veswd b {color:#85402b;}
.veswd-text {margin:0px 5px 35px 205px; padding:2px;}
.veswd {width:498px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#84908c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/h40Wa.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:12px; color:#373c3a; line-height:13px; text-align:justify; border:#000 1px solid;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread