Small Comforts
[html]

WORD COUNT : 413
I wasn't sure if you guys knew or not, but Fella's actually going on two years. x3

The question of the young ones was met with a knowing smile and laugh. She'd gotten the same questions from many upon joining, when one of her three little ones had been a bobcat. Fella was older now, about a year- almost two. Still, he carried those young traits that would not soon go away, with how pampered he'd been growing up. Now, living mostly on his own near the clinic, Sky could see true traits of his breed in the boy. He spoke easily like any wolf, raised on the dialect- slightly accented and slurred at times from the difference in shape. She'd raised him like her own, beside Tammi and beside Lena and Cody. He was as much her child as they were.

Drin explained Leaf to Fayne and Sky nodded along, having heard the story herself not long ago. When it came her time to explain, she gave a wag of her tail. "I came across Fella when he was still a nursling. I'd been making a supply run from d'Arte to Halifax and while I was there, another woman and I came across a dead bobcat and two kits. She took the female and when she mentioned being unable to care of both, I took the boy. Named him on the ride home after a merchant called him 'little fella'." She mused. At the mentions of his name, the bobcat stopped his play and trotted over, flopping belly down on Sky's ribs and purring in hello.

"What're you guys talkin' about?" He purred, the words heavily accented. Sky nudged him with her nose and he understood. "Oh? Yeah, I am pretty awesome." The teenage cat rolled over onto his back and slid down so his ear tufts brushed the ground at his mum's stomach. Sky laughed softly and rolled over, effectively removing him. He grunted as he rolled to his feet and shoot off the dirt- a rather dog-like motion.

"Anyway. He came with me when I left d'Arte." She continued, looking over at him with a playful smile. "Then again, you never did like Thornbury."

The cat smirked back. "It had nothing to do with the town." He said, matter of factly. "It had everything to do with your choice in men, though." With that, he stood, barely avoiding a scolding nip from Sky as he bounded back towards where he'd been playing with Leaf. Sky watched him go, gaze disapproving.

"...spoiled thing."

<style type="text/css">
.skykids b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fa6b5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids f {font-weight:bold; color:#C4A245; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skykids .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.skykids p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykids {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#faf5f1; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/246m1co.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7e8175; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread