we might as well be strangers
[html]

no worries, there's no rush at all Big Grin/edit I have no clue where all the rhymes came from

A fully visible form was fabricated from the shadowy silhouette, allowing silver eyes to flash over the dog in a curious once over. Her tensions were not fully suspended until he spoke; the decency she could hear being enough for her. The strangers accent caused her ears to prick with curiosity; she didn't know where she'd heard it from - thoughts of the port surfaced the strongest when she mulled over it though - and the familiar twang made her certain it was from over the sea as well. Having seen that his visit wasn't intended to terrorize her, her countenance had relaxed considerably, a soft smile even tugging at the corner of her lips as she replied.
"Of course mon cher, come 'ave a seat and warm yourself."

Promptly ruining her invitation, and as if on cue, another wind rocked the flame, causing the fiery tendrils to sway so low that they lapped at the ground and threatened to go out. A look of concern flitted over to the flames, then to the heavy cast-iron grey of distant clouds, wondering if she should have offered at all. A mental shrug dismissed the thought immediately; it would at least last long enough to allow for some conversation, even if not the entire night. She'd resolve that problem when it arose.

The stoking stick was placed aside as she spoke of seating, the other arm pulling tucked legs to the side to make herself smaller - also so he wouldn't have to sit across from her just for the sake of personal space. A broad gesture was then made with the empty hand, the waving palm motioning to the warmed area surrounding. The ground was enveloped in the amber shield of light, were she gestured, the glow inviting and bright.

Her pale gaze returned to his soon after, eyes fluttering shut for a moment as she shook her head, her chuckle low and light as she followed his words with a teasing denial. "And if that is the way you define brutishness, perhaps you could give some other so-called gentlemen some tips in it, hm? - It's a pleasure to meet you monsieur Butler, my name is Aoves." The hand that had swung wide now gestured to herself, an identifying palm pressed gently against the milk and sable down of her speckled chest. She'd been fortunate enough to avoid the referenced 'so-called gentlemen', but every country had its undesirables, and she would try to enjoy the good company while she could.

As a statement of sincerity for her following words, she let the palm stay there, still pressed honestly over her heart. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like, but I'm afraid I can't promise this fire will last the night." The words were apologetic as she spoke them, but she felt it was a reasonable warning.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread