we might as well be strangers
[html]

ick. iPod post, sorry about my idiot laptop.

The woman stayed silent as she listened to him speak, charmed by both his accent and words into offering a slight, apologetic smile. She could never fully abandon the formality; the politely composed responses had simply become a part of her nature, but be she was glad to have an excuse to lighten up on it. Her head tilted in a slow nod, accepting his request.

"Fair enough then Harvey." She said, careful to clarify the h, making sure that she no longer misspoke his name. "But that means no more miss Aoves."  Saying that, she briefly wagged a playful finger before returning her attention to the fire.  She'd actually rather liked her English title, but if they were going to keep things relaxed, then she might as well comply and go the whole way.

Her own legs slid more comfortably out behind her once he was seated, small black hands unwrapping from her knees and lifted up to the fire - they had already begun to chill again since she had moved them way. Now she could face fully towards the fire, thoughtfully staring into its volatile center, mulling over how to speak her mind without coming off as rude.  When she finally spoke, her words began slowly at first, thoughtfully and carefully spoken, picking up as she became more certain what she asked was acceptable.

"So, I don't mean to pry," And she really didn't, but curiosity more often than not got the better of her. "But might I ask where you come from?  My stay 'ere wasn't long, so I don't know much about the local dialects, but am I right in guessing that yours is not native?"   No longer able to bear the fires intensity, her eyes were averted away from the glow, allowing her to peek curiously at him from the corners of lowered eyelids.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread