we might as well be strangers
[html]

it's okay, I enjoy reading it ^^

His words were met with a blank face at first, she returned her gaze to the fire, as though to catch an image of his home in the flickering flames. London?  Now that did sound familiar.  As recognition finally dawned on her, she grinned and triumphantly returned her gaze to him.
"I think we might've shared the same stars." She said, laughing at the idea of being so near. She didn't know much about world geography, but after living a life on the waters, she knew her stars just as well as her local maps.  

As the dog asked of her own home, she only shook her head, unable to think of just where to begin. "My 'ome, hm."  A place with so many memories, both good and bad.  She clasped her hands over one another and nestled them fondly against her heart - but lips pulled tight as she smiled, trying to keep bitterness contained, and out of her dialogue and tone. "France; she is a beautiful country.  I unfortunately was not blessed with a place in the 'eart of it, and lived with my family on the coast." At that she paused, wondering if she should delve further into the details.  

Her general paranoia about keeping her thoughts to herself urgently said to stop there, and let him wonder; there was no harm in leaving a bit of mystique in the conversation after all.  

Thoughtfully fondling the speckled hairs on her throat, she used the other hand to pick up the stoking stick, her nudges sending a swirl of embers into the air to fill the tiny pause.  In the end she saw no harm in it, he could be there for a while yet, and she hoped that by opening up to him, he’d show her the same kindness. The brooding gaze jumped back to him, eyes truly smiling in sync with her lips as she resumed.

"The 'arbor was every shade of grey, a bit dull after a while, you know? But the locals made it seem beautiful with their kindness."   The last phrase had been added as an affectionate afterthought, the beauty of her home had been explained, but not the reason for her departure.   As she recalled the fond memories that had taken place though, she could not help but to smile gently, remembering those she had met while traveling.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread