we might as well be strangers
[html]

I still read through some of the first posts, my mind sees the scenes of them chatting Big Grin

i demand another thread.

She was glad when he laughed; the simple sound, combined with the enveloping warmth of the fire, put her more at ease. The prodding stick was returned to the ground, and she turned to lead toward him with weight on the free hand, fully attentive, though her torso and head still remained inclined towards the warmth. As he grinned in saying his final words, the woman only dipped her chin in a sage nod.

“That is a good skill to possess. I think there would be less unrest among us if more thought something similar.” The quiet words referred to the conflicts that had arisen between luperci and wolf, wolf and dog, all of the thumbed canine and the other beasts that they now surpassed. She had always thought it a shame that divisions still existed.

Her train of thought returned to the other thing he had said, she signaling curiosity with an inclination of her sable head. “But why did you leave your London then, was it not one of those lovelier things?” She wondered if he had left with a similar motivation, interested in the ‘wilder’ frontiers of Luperci civilization…or at least as civil as a canine run world could be. Hopefully he had not, at least not in the same foolish pursuits as she had: distinction and adventure driven by trivial boredom.

A thought occurred an instant later, and she smiled freely at the nature of it, allowing a more sanguine purr to slip past curling lips.“Ah, or per'aps you came 'ere to chase after that lovelier something, hm?”
An eye batted in a mischievous wink, though the lovelier something she referred to was hardly herself. Rather than pry into his love life, the comment was intended more to lighten her previous graveness. The serious mood had come far too suddenly, infecting her speech before she could squelch it. A moment later, and she found herself glad that she had made the jest. She found herself almost hoping that some sort of chase for love had been the case; besides attesting that his character was better than hers, it would make for a wonderful story to share by the fire.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread