we might as well be strangers
[html]

Aoves was hardly unaware of his conversational side step, scrutinizing the fact that he didn't delve into the why of his leaving. She studied his eyes patiently as he gave his response, searching for the remainder of an explanation there, since what he gave only seemed to be a portion of one. The pale gaze flitted passively back to the fire a moment later; he didn't seem keen go into the details, and since nothing about him set mental alarms blaring, she was resigned to leave the matter alone. Her previous smile was replaced by a mere ghost of itself though; her entire demeanor reigning itself in - as much trust as was given, she would return.

Her mind drifted to his final words. She rolled the idea of it being purely exhilaration - and not slightly terrifying - around in her skull, head gently tilting itself as she toyed with the idea. Her mind had wandered back to the grays of her home, trying to paint from the palette a picture his own, thinking of the other foreign places her travels had lead her to. Yes, she supposed in some ways launching herself into the unknown had been worth it. "Exhilarating. Hm, I might just agree with you."

Silence resettled upon smiling lips once again, her gaze returning to study his from behind hooded eyes, newly guarded. She chose to ignore many things, and overlook many others, but she never forgot. The woman decided to change subjects completely; a cheerful tone switching to one that didn't involve revealing much more about themselves.

"Would you like to 'ear something interesting Harvey? She spoke with renewed vigor, only able to gently huff out the 'h' of his name, that being the close to the sound she could come. "I think I knew about you before this night, I met a twitchy wolf named Unatsi when I first found myself 'ere. 'E said something about a friend from London with an ah, interesting manner of speaking. Was that you by any chance?" Her tone was polite, the warm trills that ornamented her murmur just as friendly as before; despite the change in demeanor.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread