we might as well be strangers
[html]
((388)) --

Another gust of the chilly wind swept through, causing Harvey to shiver some. Instinctively, he scooted closer to the fire, as well as toward the female nearby for warmth. He hardly realized his action, and turned again to look to her as she responded.

Her mood seemed different, but Harv didn't take it as anything he should be worried over. She seemed in thought, or perhaps relaxed. Either way, the Brit found it none of his business to ask about her wellbeing if she wasn't hinting anything wrong. It wouldn't be polite to be so nosy.

He was happier when he wasn't questioned more about his past in London. Though he would answer as honestly as he could, he'd also answer just as vaguely. It wasn't a trust issue, but rather an internal dilemma; Harvey was running from his mobster history, looking for a better life. It was shameful, and the red blotched luperci was doing what he could to try and find catharsis. Telling others of his gang and affiliation not only ruined his (so far) positive reputation, but it gave a violent and untrustworthy impression, something the male would rather not have on him. On top of that, if he constantly told everybody he met about his London life, he was hardly able to erase it from his mind, as he wished he could. Best to not even bring it up, was his thinking...

When Aoves agreed with his words, and her smile returned, the red merled male shared the grin, glad to have met somebody who understood his situation. Not only was this woman a foreigner like himself, from an area from across the icy blue ocean, bearing a thick accent and a past of gloomy skies, she really seemed to relate to the overall feeling of started like anew in Nova Scotia.

Interestin', hm? He grinned, paying attention closely. Unatsi? He knew the exact twitchy red wolf she was speaking of. Yeh, must be! I mean, 'less he'd found 'imself anovah cockney mate t' chat wif... An' so far, I'm the only one I know of 'ere. Unatsi, yeh... Real kind bloke, 'e is, but you pro'ly know tha' already, aftah mee'in' 'im yourself an' all. Harvey said with a nod.

He hugged his arms around his legs, pulling them close after he replied.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv b:before {content:open-quote;}
.razeharv b:after {content:close-quote;}
.razeharv p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread