we might as well be strangers
[html]

Pleased that the guess had been right, she returned the smile, fondly recalling the hospitality of the white-armed luperci. "Yes, 'e is a good wolf. I 'ave met a many in this region, you included." From what she could see at least, it was an honest statement, and the woman laughed gently as she said it. I can only pray to find myself as fortunate when I move inland. I think with the look of this storm, that would be the wiser thing to do though."

As she spoke of the storm, her neck craned back to look at the clouds. They seemed to be growing more menacing by the second, though most of that was attributed to their swift course to the shore. Body tensed as it was met square in the face by a sudden wind, and she turned swiftly back to the fire.

The abundance of silky fur that decorated her body was deceptive, the lush hairs suggested providing a warmth that simply wasn't there. A lack of plush undercoat left her horrifically vulnerable to the weather, and staying on the coast - even in the cold but sturdy halls of the Blackmoor castle - simply wasn't an option without her clothes and supplies.

She relaxed again as she turned back to the warmth of the fire, concern underlying the light of her eyes as she spoke again. "I 'ope you have something similar in mind mon cher, I believe roughing the elements is better 'andled by the wolves." Half wolf she may have been herself, but most of the mutts make-up was domestic, and past experience had taught her that dogs just weren't as hardy as their wild cousins. If he had come from Europe as well, then he must have been used to some bit of living in comfort, rather than roughing it out in the wild.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread