we might as well be strangers
[html]

"I see." Gaze shifted only faintly to the tendrils of flame as she drew out the response; her mind halfway between listening to his explanation and replying to it; there was more hospitality in the land than she'd originally thought. As was often a habit when trying to hide her thoughts, she toyed with her hair, thoughtfully running fingers through soft curls where they lay over the slope of her bosom. Hardly aware of it, her lips had been returning to a slight smile as well. She realized that her mind had already been decided, and she had really just wanted final conformation on his part.

"I probably don't know enough of the others 'ere for them to form an opinion, and it would not matter either way - I think you are alright, monsieur, and they will 'ave to respect that." Head tilted gently with each bouncing inflection, the trills sweetly laced throughout the soft words that slipped past smiling lips. Her eyes would drift along his face and eyes, showing sincerity and making sure it was visible upon his own flame-lit visage. She didn't want him to think she was ashamed of the idea of him. "But if my father comes for a visit, let's just keep the matter quiet, hm?" Tone velveteen and warm, gentle laughter sang in her throat as she spoke again, but in a simultaneous motion she delicately wrinkled the freckled blush button of her nose. She felt she owed her lighter side to him, after the brooding moments of before.

She had been purely joking, it was impossible for the older male to even know her whereabouts, but she still felt the need to restrain a wince. There had been a reason so few males had gotten near her, and it wasn't on the part of her mother. Purity had been emphasized by the old man since she was young, and he probably would have happily ripped Harvey to shreds, regardless of whether or not something happened. Which, as she eyed his warm smile and mismatched eyes, she surprised herself by not being hostile to the idea of.

Summing up the entire situation in her head, she laughed again; though quieter than the last burst of laughter, her body punctuated the sound by rocking gently forward. A weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Finalizing things had been a relief; she'd killed several birds with one stone, shelter, company - and probably best of all - a chance to bathe throughout the storm. Food she would worry about later, for now she had some semblance of safety. She gave a deft nod and a bright smile, finally giving out her answer. "Well, I'm in no position to turn away 'ospitality, and you make it sound so good I couldn't possibly refuse."

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread